997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

White Smoke & The Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by OmegaMan
Are the two videos above before or after the engine was replaced?
As I read it that was the 2nd motor. What happened with this?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Get an attorney and save the videos and your receipts. INVOKE THE LEMON LAW MONDAY MORNING. I've lurked in this thread and this is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

First I would call Porsche NA (1800 porsche) and spin them up) although I've spoken with them and they are useless for the most part - but at least a case will be opened. GET A CASE NUMBER - Let them notate you are invoking Lemon Law and provide them with your attorneys name so they know you aren't BS'ing. Everyone cries lemon law to them all day - they are hardened by the threats.

I'd go to the service dept and ask the service manager for the regional manager in charge of service (HIS BOSS) - get his number - and make sure the GM of the dealership knows you are doing this.

Also let them know that you are dragging the dealership through the proverbial mud on ever forum you frequent including this one. Make sure the dealership knows this.

I'm so fired up about this I feel like calling your dealership and giving them hell. "So I've been reading about your crappy service department on the forums and I can't believe what I'm hearing - Is it true that you guys are completely incompetent?"

Wow !!! If I was a court judge I'd ask the dealership representative, "So you replaced the motor once and it still sounds like this? Evidently you can't get it done. Give the man a new car or his money back NOW"

I might sound overzealous about your ordeal but I went through a recent issue with porsche regarding my car missing 3 components from the way I ordered it. All ended up well but I was telling everyone who would listen and making sure every branch of Porsche and other dealerships knew of my tale. It worked out well in the end. So I feel your pain.

Your story is worse because it's your pride and joy and some lady advisor and her contingency are totally NOT doing their job. And because of it, your $100k + car is broken.

Last edited by EricP; 01-09-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 AM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
white smoke mite be related to car being lowered

Old 01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EricP
Get an attorney and save the videos and your receipts. INVOKE THE LEMON LAW MONDAY MORNING. I've lurked in this thread and this is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

First I would call Porsche NA (1800 porsche) and spin them up )although I've spoke with them and they are useless for the most part) - but at least a case will be opened. GET A CASE NUMBER - Let them notate you are invoking Lemon Law and provide them with your attorneys name so they know you aren't BS'ing. Everyone cries lemon law to them all day - they are hardened by the threats.

I'd go to the service dept and ask the service manager for the regional manager in charge of service (HIS BOSS) - get his number - and make sure the GM of the dealership knows you are doing this.

Also let them know that you are dragging the dealership through the proverbial mud on ever forum you frequent including this one. Make sure the dealership knows this.

I'm so fired up about this I feel like calling your dealership and giving them hell. "So I've been reading about your crappy service department on the forums and I can't believe what I'm hearing - Is it true that you guys are completely incompetent?"

Wow !!! If I was a court judge I'd ask the dealership representative, "So you replaced the motor once and it still sounds like this? Give the man a new car or his money back NOW"

I might sound overzealous about your ordeal but I went through a recent issue with porsche regarding my car missing 3 components from the way I ordered it. All ended up well but I was telling everyone who would listen and making sure every branch of Porsche and other dealerships knew of my tale. It worked out well in the end. So I feel your pain.

Your story is worse because it's your pride and joy and some lady advisor and her contingency are totally NOT doing their job. And because of it, your $100k + car is broken.
lets see what happens...lol, great write up

Originally Posted by MSCHWA3439
white smoke mite be related to car being lowered
NO...white smoke is related to the after market wheels

Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
I guess it is good to have a sense of humor but I'm not getting this. Is the replacement engine good or not? Some thing missing here.