997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pictures of new Misha GTM full body kit – let me know what you think

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 AM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adias
Gaudy! Porschephiles like their cars for their timeless simple lines. Changes like this make a mockery of a classic. I guess there's always a low-rent sideshow around a great event.
agreed 100%.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 AM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
I thought I saw this car in the movie Fast and furious. It had a Honda emblem on it though.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:09 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I have been looking at the pics for a bit now and while at first I thought not bad...different,BUT not bad...........now I think it is just too much(just my opinion)

IMO Porsche cars tend to look best with a more simple design......
which is why I built my side-skirts and rear spats the way I did.

Is this kit made already?
If so I notice the hood(passenger side) seems up a bit and the front bumper where it meets the fender(between headlight and hood) seem out of align.......could this be adjusted?

I give you guys props for the creativity and the amount of work to create such a design!

Stacy

Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 AM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
too busy for my taste

Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
It's a bit much. The rear bumper and frunk are terrible. The wheels, the black mirrors, and *maybe* the wing might work, but the rest is probably in violation of some Reinheitsgebot.

Last edited by stevepow; 02-19-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:40 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
you asked....

So here is my answer...

For what it is, it is great....The yellow is a bit much to take in and the paint matched wheels for most (me included)......but I have a feeling the target audience for this would go with a bold over the top color scheme to go with a bold over the top kit.....I mean it's a full body kit and anyone in the market for such I think would like and appreciate this set up. Over the top.... no doubt about it.... as are aspects of others; Techarts GT Street and Gembella kits etc... I would not buy it or add to my car but I do appreciate it. I would love to see one on a turbo car roll into a cars and coffee that I attend.... I would not tear up and whine like a nanny goat that someone dared to defy years of design from all Mighty Porsche and did something different. God forbid.... Quite the opposite, I would love to share a beer with that owner, talk to him about other kits he looked at, what mods may lie under the hood, what other cars he may have or had in the past.... much more interesting to me that a bone stock 997TT that I can walk in and see at any P car dealer....Although not for me I think the people looking for such kits would like it or at least aspects of it.

Appreciate it for what it is people.....

Thanks for sharing Misha....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IADyK92sCz4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-iyi...eature=related

Last edited by mickfluff; 02-19-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
Ok the front bumper is almost perfect. I would cary the front lip all the way around like on the GT3s to make it slightly less agressive. The wing is perfect. I hate the hood/sideskirts/rear bumper. I think the hood could look kind of cool if you lost the intakes.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
BTW with a few modification, IMO, the front bumper will be nicer than all the others.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
If I wanted a 'look-at-me' car, then this is superb - it's certainly one of the best of its type. I don't think I could live with it as a daily driver though - but that's not what it's intended to be.

Bits I would like on my car (a very-boring-by-comparison silver) are the rear wing (that I think looks better than the GT2M version and I was about to pull the trigger on anyway) and the hood that I think looks radically different without being OTT. I will probably use a GT3 front PU on my car to balance the rear spoiler aerodynamics.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:16 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
The side skirts really kill the lines of the body, I think a little work on the rear bumper to tone it down in conjuntion with simpler side skirts and you're onto something. I agree it's a bit much with the black of the carbon popping out against the yellow... But if you can imagine this kit with cleaner skirts and a simple rear bumper on a black car I think it would have a whole different attitude.

Regardless, it's the edge of the envelope and I give you credit for trying something new.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Dunit is infamous around these partsDunit is infamous around these parts
I get it but not for me...

Old 02-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
You get an "A" for effort, but it's just too much. Tone done some of the ricey details and it would look better.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
caymanboy has a spectacular aura aboutcaymanboy has a spectacular aura about
Too much going on

Old 02-19-2010, 01:22 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
It would look a lot better if only the diffuser and splitter were black.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Sanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond repute
way to busy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of new Misha GTM full body kit – let me know what you think