997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

FVD Brombacher – 997 – 08’ Latest racing exhaust developments - for your street car??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
FVD Brombacher – 997 – 08’ Latest racing exhaust developments - for your street car??

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have a new race system for 05’-08’ 997’s. It will work on the 3.6 & 3.8 L. It has been developed for the GS class in the Grand AM Continental Tire Series.

I wanted to share this with everyone as some may want this for the streets. You can order it with 50 cell, 100 cell or 200 cell cats. It is currently configured as a catbypass. You can order the headers separately that will work with your stock exhaust system or any other aftermarket system that you currently have. Here are more details…

Race Headers - "M&M" for Conti GS Series, 997 -08

Facts:
- 3 x 45mm (1.77”) diameter tubing into a 1 x 70mm (2.75“) collector (reduces thermal stress)
- Weighs 14.11 lbs. (6,4 Kg)
- Developed for excellent mid range torque needed out of corners
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Made in Germany
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- 997 3.6L & 3.8L
- does not exceed 106 dB regulations
- Approved for use in the Grand Am Continental Series
- No DME programming necessary

Want more information? Click here…

Race System Grand Am Spec. 997 3.6L & 3.8L

Facts:
- Headers - 3 x 45mm (1.77”) diameter tubing into a 1 x 70mm (2.75“) collector (reduces thermal stress)
- Muffler - Interchangeable Cat Bypass Tube w/ 4 Tube Style Mufflers, tubing 70mm (2.75”)
- Weighs 36 lbs. (16,4 Kg)
- Developed for excellent mid range torque needed out of corners
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Made in Germany
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- 997 3.6L & 3.8L
- Grand-AM Regulation 106dB
- Adjustable tips
- Approved for use in the Grand-AM Continental Series
- No DME programming necessary

Includes:
4 x Conical Springs
2 x Adjustable Exhaust Tips w/ clamps
1 x Muffler Bracket
2 x Muffler Bracket Clamps

Want more information? Click here...

If you have any questions feel free to email or pm me….

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-19-2010, 01:56 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
system looks very nice

any sound clips?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:00 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
looks fantastic

Old 02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strife_wy
system looks very nice

any sound clips?
Strife_wy,

I should have sound clips on a 997 S after the Homestead, Miami Grand Am conti race on March 5-6.

In the meantime I will post this, as you can see though it is a 996 GT3 Cup. The rev's obviously won't sound the same but you will have a true 997 race car sound. The pictures below have a 50 cell cat set up with 1 inline muffler per bank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1EzEKwp6XQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hYJdyuV-Vw

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Haha. That video was posted a few months ago, and I said I wanted my car to sound like that orange car. Now I know how to do that.

Looks like an excellent system, and sounds even better.

Please do post some vids of the 997 system when possible.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:05 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Have you started working on similar headers/cats for the 997.2 3.8l engine yet?

Old 02-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Premium Sponsor
If anyone is interested in this set up for their car please let me know. I am willing to put a special deal together to get these systems out there on the streets. Kindly pm or email me for pricing.

Skyking,

We can make these for the 997.2 3.8L. I can have them in about 3 weeks from Germany. Would you like me to pm you the information? I would be willing to make a special offer to kick these off in the states as well.

Thanks!
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 02-23-2010, 08:41 AM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Rhonda, PM sent.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:11 AM
ZoSo_DXB is on a distinguished road
Would you recommend this setup for street use?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by ZoSo_DXB
Would you recommend this setup for street use?
ZoSo_DXB,

I would as I have heard this set up in person on a 997S. It's perfect in my opinion. Off throttle it is very civilized. WOT sound's like a real race car...that is what M&M do best. The real beauty of this system is that it add's 25 + crank Hp & 18 + crank torque. Those gains are alway's a benefit on the street!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 02-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
ZoSo_DXB,

I would as I have heard this set up in person on a 997S. It's perfect in my opinion. Off throttle it is very civilized. WOT sound's like a real race car...that is what M&M do best. The real beauty of this system is that it add's 25 + crank Hp & 18 + crank torque. Those gains are alway's a benefit on the street!
How does it compare in terms of sound level to a muffler bypass( lets say if you use 200 cells) ?

Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 PM
superman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nice
Rhonda,
That sounds amazing! I would be interested to hear what it sounds like on a 997s. I would love for my car to sound like that at WOT...and I am looking for a civilized low rpm exhaust note....and no drone.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:15 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
how would these headers sound with straight pipes and stock cats??

Old 02-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Premium Sponsor
ZoSo_DXB,

If you would like you can order the system with 200 cell cats and then it would have close to the same volume. With the headers though this system would have a much deeper growl that just the 200 cells and the muffler bypass.

Superman77,

We can add 200 cell cats to that set up and accomplish that for you. We also have many full street systems that all have no drone as well. I will pm you a few options.

Porscheboy997,

The headers would sound great with that set up! They are not going to make it that much louder but the tone will be alot more aggressive and deeper.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
ZoSo_DXB,

If you would like you can order the system with 200 cell cats and then it would have close to the same volume. With the headers though this system would have a much deeper growl that just the 200 cells and the muffler bypass.

Superman77,

We can add 200 cell cats to that set up and accomplish that for you. We also have many full street systems that all have no drone as well. I will pm you a few options.

Porscheboy997,

The headers would sound great with that set up! They are not going to make it that much louder but the tone will be alot more aggressive and deeper.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Please PM me those options as well if its no trouble at all.
I am looking for something that would sound a little lower than muffler bypass.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – 997 – 08’ Latest racing exhaust developments - for your street car??