997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Reus Audio problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Reus Audio problem

Just letting you know about the Reus Audio scam, so buyer beware..

Reus Audio in California "tailor makes" and upgrades audio systems on premium cars, and will fly a technician to your home anywhere in the country to work on your car. They have many testimonials of those who are pleased with their work.
However, what you don't know is that they take everyone's deposit, but leave some out there hanging. That's right--they take money for more jobs than they can actually handle, but then decide which ones they'll do (based on potential profit). They don't actually TELL you that they are scamming you, they just blow you off...

I myself am a victim, having placed a deposit nearly 7 months ago for my upgraded system on my porsche, which of course hasn't been done. Examples: in one conversation with them, about 2 1/2 months ago, they apologized for the delay and said my "components" were finally in stock, being assembled, and would be shipped out in a few days. I received nothing. Examples of some of my calls: "Clif isn't in town, he'll be back tomorrow"...
so then here's my next call (two days later): They answer "Who is this"...after I answer, they say "Oh, yes, ummm, errrr, Clif, umm, isn't here, he'll call you back tomorrow"... And, guess what, of course he never calls. You get the picture...

Btw, I have subsequently searched for and found others that this has happened to, so I've figured out Reus' story. Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to collect, out-of-state especially, and the others have lost their money.
My advice is to NOT risk your money with this outfit. I know that some people have gotten good work done. I realize now that my mistake was ordering their "basic" upgrade, but giving too large a deposit, so they've already made their money on me. This put me on their "customer-to-be-screwed" list.

Reus Review
Reus Audio Reviews
Reus Audio complaint

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 03-10-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-09-2010, 06:26 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
WOW, sorry to hear that. I thought that I saw something last year on the forums about Reus being a scammer, but I forget the story.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:56 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I had similar issue w/Rick Reus a few years back when I game him $2500 to outfit/upgrade my 06 E55 in a MB group buy. It took forever for them to get the parts and build my custom enclosure for the trunk. I had enough and decided to cancel after a few months of waiting, however, I had to get my attorney involved to get my money back. After 2 bounced checks from Rick, the third one actually cleared after 1 year of going back and forth. Stay away from this company...

Old 03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
They nearly always have a demo car at "Cars and Coffee" here in Irvine on Saturday mornings. While the demo sound systems sound impressive, I've sometimes wondered if they use a CD with a very high dynamic range that helps with the better sound. I've been tempted to ask them what CD they're using so I can compare the sound of it in my stock system for apples/apples comparison. But I think I'll just give them a wide berth based on the above experiences.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:14 AM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
There's a lot if bad stuff out there

Look up: Reus audio reviews
Reus Audio system

Reus Audio complaint --etc.