997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

If you are in doubt about wheel spacers...Dont be!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
StiJon is infamous around these parts
dont get cheap with the spacers! Quality counts here the most.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:26 PM
stephen k is infamous around these parts
From past experience you should be able to run down to 44 offsets on a 8.5 inch wheel, stock camber, and not have any problems. For the rear, an 11.5 inch wheel can run safely 55 offsets on stock camber and not have any problems.

My custom HRE wheels have 46/56 offset wheels on 8.5/11.5 inch wide wheels dropped on bilsten damptronics and I have absolutely no problems. In fact i can probably go out another 3-5 mm on each corner if I wanted to be really aggressive.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StiJon
dont get cheap with the spacers! Quality counts here the most.
This is absolutely true!

One more thing I wanted to mention, since it has come up a few times in various conversations I've had with customers about spacers. Many people are concerned with vibration or shaking (similar to an out of balance wheel) because of the addition of spacers. The RSS spacers we sell are hubcentric. This means that they are designed to fit perfectly to the existing center bore of your hub. In cases where the spacers are wider then the hub itself, there is an extension on the spacers so that your wheels will still mount hubcentricly.

Another thing to remember which is VERY important is to clean the mounting surface of your wheels AND the hub before putting on the spacers. Use a fine wire brush or pad. By doing this, you'll insure that there's no debris, grit, or corrosion between the wheel->spacer->hub which would cause either of the mounting surfaces to not sit flush against each other.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
This is absolutely true!

One more thing I wanted to mention, since it has come up a few times in various conversations I've had with customers about spacers. Many people are concerned with vibration or shaking (similar to an out of balance wheel) because of the addition of spacers. The RSS spacers we sell are hubcentric. This means that they are designed to fit perfectly to the existing center bore of your hub. In cases where the spacers are wider then the hub itself, there is an extension on the spacers so that your wheels will still mount hubcentricly.

Another thing to remember which is VERY important is to clean the mounting surface of your wheels AND the hub before putting on the spacers. Use a fine wire brush or pad. By doing this, you'll insure that there's no debris, grit, or corrosion between the wheel->spacer->hub which would cause either of the mounting surfaces to not sit flush against each other.
Do you recommned doing a four wheel alignment after spacers are put on?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gator Skin
Do you recommned doing a four wheel alignment after spacers are put on?
That's not necessary at all.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:34 AM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by steve k
From past experience you should be able to run down to 44 offsets on a 8.5 inch wheel, stock camber, and not have any problems. For the rear, an 11.5 inch wheel can run safely 55 offsets on stock camber and not have any problems.

My custom HRE wheels have 46/56 offset wheels on 8.5/11.5 inch wide wheels dropped on bilsten damptronics and I have absolutely no problems. In fact i can probably go out another 3-5 mm on each corner if I wanted to be really aggressive.
Does smaller offset = wheel sticks out more?

What's the right offset to get wheels out wide on the body without spacers?

Is the right offset the same for an 18",19" or 20" wheel, or does it change with wheel size?

Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 AM
lee7758 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Here are some pics on amy wide body installed Now this is wide! 7 in front and 15 in back

Looks very nice!!