997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

sport wheel with shift paddles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
sport wheel with shift paddles

Been enjoying the 6Speed for a few months now, wish I knew about it earlier! Thanks for the great topics and conversations.

Saw on the PorscheUSA configurator today they now have the option for "sport wheel with shift paddles" for non-turbo 997's, under the "interior leather" section. Seen this option show up on the Canada configurator a while back but until today hadn't seen it for the US version.

I know it's an old topic, but now that it's showing up for US, thoughts on a dealer retrofitting onto existing 2009 PDK's? I would guess this can be done, but wanted to get thoughts from the experts.

thanks...
RNS

Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
i just put it on my 2009 PDK. absolutely love it. no knock on the old wheel but i like the looks of the new wheel better.

FYI, the sport chrono indicators on the one version of the paddle wheel are not currently compatible with 2009s if you retrofit it because of a DME problem. i'm hopeful we can figure out how to make them work together but i'm not sweating it.

Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I put the paddle wheels on my 09 and like it much better. It looks nicer and matches the interior better, it is thicker and fells better than the stock PDK wheel. Plus the inside part of your palm near your thumb will no longer accidentally upshift in a corner at the track..YIPEEE!!!!

Old 04-07-2010, 04:53 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
brendo, thanks so much for the info...excited the retrofit works. Your car (especially with that steering wheel) looks amazing, appreciate the pics. Agree that having the indicators working would just be bonus.

Hope the labor costs weren't too over the top, but regardless this is a nice upgrade to the original PDKs.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
The new hub is very shiny, are you experiencing any problems with glare from the sun? Glare from the PDK shifter is a pain sometimes.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RNS
brendo, thanks so much for the info...excited the retrofit works. Your car (especially with that steering wheel) looks amazing, appreciate the pics. Agree that having the indicators working would just be bonus.

Hope the labor costs weren't too over the top, but regardless this is a nice upgrade to the original PDKs.
labor costs are about 1/2 hr it's easy - and i like the look and fuction much better. for the record, i was really fine with the toggles but this struck my fancy and i think will suit my needs better at 7/10's + driving at the track.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by type997
The new hub is very shiny, are you experiencing any problems with glare from the sun? Glare from the PDK shifter is a pain sometimes.
on the day that i need to worry about glare here is seattle, i'll get back to you. no issues yet we had a wonderful winter and escapted the rest of the country's issues, but it would seem that mother nature is making up for it lately...

Old 04-08-2010, 03:19 PM
299moto is on a distinguished road
Now they need to make it in Alcantara.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:43 PM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
And heated.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by brendo

FYI, the sport chrono indicators on the one version of the paddle wheel are not currently compatible with 2009s if you retrofit it because of a DME problem.
I don't know if I am just really tired, but I am not sure what you mean.
Where are the sport chrono indicators on the wheel?. What is the implications of not having them connected.
I am definitely going to switch but i am hoping that a multi function version will soon be available.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:52 PM
tobyport will become famous soon enough
Take-off old style PDK wheel

Hello Brendo, would you like to sell your original old-style PDK steering wheel? I'm interested.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lockie
I don't know if I am just really tired, but I am not sure what you mean.
Where are the sport chrono indicators on the wheel?. What is the implications of not having them connected.
I am definitely going to switch but i am hoping that a multi function version will soon be available.
Part Numbers
PDK Paddle Shifter Steering Wheel part numbers:

997.044.402.16 FFF (2009 model without display)

997.044.402.17 FFF (2010 model with display)

Color code can be found in the Porsche Parts Catalog (PET)

The 2010 wheel with display can possibly be retrofitted onto 2009 but a $200 control unit inside the steering column must also be changed. The part number for this unit is:

This information should help your dealer find the right parts for the conversion. This is the best info available to me. PLEASE CONFIRM with your dealer.

Porsche Installation and Conversion Instructions:
911 (997)
40/09 ENU 4810 4
Dated Mar 2, 2010

Old 04-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Perfect, thanks . Rep points for the detailed assistance .

Old 04-24-2010, 04:05 PM
2009 Black Paddle Wheel Part #
997.044.402.16 A10

Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by tobyport
Hello Brendo, would you like to sell your original old-style PDK steering wheel? I'm interested.
sorry , but for now i'm keeping it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sport wheel with shift paddles