997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Durametric beta Version 6 for Enthusiast- cool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Durametric beta Version 6 for Enthusiast- cool

I downloaded the latest software for my Durametric Enthusiast, beta version 6, and it's incredibly cool, and a major upgrade over the last version.

It plots charts, graphs, and has more data points, samples data more frequently, is easier to use, and has more functionality- much of which I've yet to fully tinker with.

I'm eager to play with it more and report on some of the cool features. Anyone have this latest version too, any tips?
CATTMAN

Old 04-20-2010, 09:26 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
I downloaded the latest software for my Durametric Enthusiast, beta version 6, and it's incredibly cool, and a major upgrade over the last version.

It plots charts, graphs, and has more data points, samples data more frequently, is easier to use, and has more functionality- much of which I've yet to fully tinker with.

I'm eager to play with it more and report on some of the cool features. Anyone have this latest version too, any tips?
CATTMAN
what coding, if any, can you do with this version and enthusiast cable?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Coding requires the new Professional cable.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Coding requires the new Professional cable.
they are pricing themselves out from my market then. it is plain stupid, I bet all cables internals for both pro and enthusiast cables are exactly same, just different signatures in the EPROM. it`s their business, of course...

Old 04-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
All of the charting and graphic is well and good, but why would I care for that? I don't need all the performance data streamed live.

What I need is:
  • error codes and the ability to reset them. (this the enthusiast cable does)
  • the ability to set the maintenance reminder interval like a PIWIS to a specific time period/mileage (this none of the cable/software versions do yet.. all you can do is a fulll reset to the max value (2yr/20kmi for 997 I think). )
  • the ability to adjust basic settings in the car (DRL settings, window regulator settings, sunroof settings, etc... whatever the PIWIS/Porsche can do, I want to be able to do) - (the enthusiast seems to do this pretty well)
  • the ability to work on all of MY cars in my lifetime (the enthusiast cable allows this so long as Durametric will reset your cable for free every few years to account for your changing your car)
What I don't really need:
  • the ability to install new modules or features purchased (if that is what is meant by coding); for those very very rare needs (if ever) I'll use the dealer. (the pro cable is needed for this)
  • the ability to work on unlimited numbers of cars (pro cable needed)
I think most folks only need and want the basic enthusiast cable... if Durmetric cand figure out how to do all of the basic enthusiast level settings (like setting the value of the service reminder so we can use it to implement the service intervale WE individually decide to implement)

Old 04-20-2010, 02:45 PM
schwartzwest is on a distinguished road
I am interested in knowing more specifics about what the pro cable cable can do beyond what is listed on the website (not that complete from what I understand, or clear IMO). I have e-mailed Durametric but have heard no reply, and have also posted with no response. If anybody knows any more info please share it here.

If anyone in the Vancouver area is interested in sharing in the cost of one I am sure it would address all those "I can't see the value in the professional version" comments...

Old 05-27-2010, 07:12 PM
06cs is on a distinguished road
i was wondering if anyone in the vancouver area has one? (pro)