997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

is it possible to change a 997 to a 997 turbo rear quarter panels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 05:19 PM
frederickcook87 is on a distinguished road
Old thread but this is easily doable. The 997s motor can always use more cooling, I added the 997.2tt rear bumper to my 2005 997s launch edition (NB) and saw water/oil temps go down especially at speed and during hard driving. These fenders will be added to my car if not i’ll fab up something

I hear guys always say “I don’t know why you would do that”

Ah, cause it’s that persons car and they mod as they see fit

Last edited by frederickcook87; 01-27-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 01-21-2018, 09:28 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by frederickcook87
Old thread but this is easily doable. The 997s motor can always use more cooling, I added the 997.2tt rear bumper to my 2005 997s launch edition (NB) and saw water/oil temps go down especially at speed and during hard driving. These fenders will be added to my car and if not to fab some type of ram air at least just for more engine cooling.

I hear guys always say “I don’t know why you would do that”

Ah, cause it’s that persons car and they mod as they see fit
Why would you waste your money doing that...just kidding. There was no issue putting the Turbo bumper on the NB? What happened to the extra few inches of the Turbo bumper?

Any pics?

Old 01-22-2018, 12:12 AM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
Just buy a Turbo. The look is just retarded.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:30 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by garychios
Just buy a Turbo. The look is just retarded.
Porsche didn't think so...996 C4S or any 993 with the Aero kit looks just like the Turbo.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Why would you waste your money doing that...just kidding. There was no issue putting the Turbo bumper on the NB? What happened to the extra few inches of the Turbo bumper?

Any pics?
I’m in Brooklyn right now and the car is back in Atlanta, but surprisingly to me everything bolted right up with no real modifications. I deleted the muffler heat shields (already did muffler deletes long time ago) and now need to go back in and trim the bottom hanger as it slightly blocks a small part of the bottom of the three vents on the bumper.

Next mod is to add naca ducts to rear quarter panels and duct them to my X51 air-box
I’m gonna go with ducts that have two hose connections one will go to my air box and the other just ducted to bring fresh air into the engine bay

Last edited by frederickcook87; 01-24-2018 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Errors
Old 11-04-2018, 09:28 AM

Old 10-22-2023, 03:53 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Poor Information

The amount of poor information given on this post is ridiculous. I know this is old, but reading the comments compelled me to reply lol.

For starters, it’s your car, build it how YOU want it. That’s what’s so awesome about Porsche. The brand was built on taking factory cars and making them better. The company was never supposed to be a production company. Ferry originally designed cars for other automakers, and took preexisting designs and made them better. Taking your Porsche and making it unique to you goes with the brand legacy.

Now that we got that out of the way lol. You can ABSOLUTELY fit the turbo rear quarter to your shell. Yes, they are pinch welded in, but the preexisting panels can be drilled out and the new ones put in (it’s far harder than how easy I just made it sound lol). If you’re not experienced in bodywork, this might not be the project you want to get your “feet wet” with lol.

the scoops in the rear are not just beneficial to the turbo models. So, for all you, “that looks stupid on a N/A” and all the other nonsense talk. Why don’t you take a look at a Porsche 997 RSR. Those are N/A model cars with the turbo scoop. Look at a 991 GT3, that’s a N/A with a turbo scoop! Why?!! Because you can use that air for engine intake (rather than the hot air at the top of the decklid), as well as brake cooling. Your best bet is to buy the RSR intake duct work to go along with the install. Make the most out of it. Or you can use it for engine bay cooling. A cooler motor is a happier, better performing motor.

ok, I’m done now! Lol