997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bold Mod- Custom Sport Chrono Pod with Multi Gauge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Nice work John!!!!

That looks SCHWEEET!

Old 05-06-2010, 07:21 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Pretty sure this is a first.
After my SC installation, I wanted a way to keep on eye on certain OBDII data, as well as AFR and Boost. Since I knew I'd need to install a gauge and 2 controllers to measure the new parameters (AFR and Boost), I figured, well, might as well install a multi-gauge and put it where the OEM Sport Chrono would be- if I had that option, which I don't.

So I ordered the Sport Chrono housing/ shell from my boys at SunCoast, and a 60mm OLED multi-gauge from PLX Devices, along with control units for OBDII, WideBand AFR, and Boost.

Since I didn't already have a dash made for a Sport Chrono unit, installation required a bit of ingenuity.

Here are some pics.
CATTMAN
Waw, that was one brave cut. Looks very nice.

Soo, now it`s finally a time to rebuild suspension?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Thanks for props, gents. Was hoping this would be well-received.

Right now I am in the process of creating custom gauge faces (digitally) to look the way I want. When I am done, I’ll have various screens at the ready (to toggle back and forth it comes with a simple 4 button remote). Meanwhile, here some of the features of the PLX OBDII multi-gauge:
Features
  • Compatible with all OBDII protocols (1996 & newer)
  • Check and clear Check Engine Lights and codes
  • Customizable gauge styles, backgrounds & colors
  • Analog, Digital, Graph, and 4 Parameter styles
  • Daisy chain up to 32 PLX Sensor Modules
  • Color Organic LED Technology (OLED)
  • Peak and hold (4 parameters, high and low)
  • Customizable warnings
Readable OBD II parameters
  • Throttle Position, Intake Pressure (MAP), OBD Type, Fuel Level, RPM, Air Flow (MAF), Oxygen Sensor Voltage1 (Bank 1), Barometric Pressure, MPH, Short Term Fuel Trim (Bank 1), Oxygen Sensor Voltage2 (Bank 1), Catalytic Converter Temperature, Engine Load, Long Term Fuel Trim (Bank 1), Oxygen Sensor Voltage1 (Bank 2), ECU Voltage, Engine Timing, Short Term Fuel Trim (Bank 2), Oxygen Sensor Voltage2 (Bank 2), Absolute Engine Load, Air Intake Temperature, Long Term Fuel Trim (Bank 2), Ambient Air Temperature, Water Temperature, Fuel Pressure, Relative Fuel Pressure
CATTMAN

Old 05-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
So in addition to all of the OBDII data I am adding control units for AFR and Boost. I'll be able to set warnings based on parameters I choose (such as if I run lean, and want a warning at a certain ratio). I can view or graph up to 4 parameters per screen, and can data log wirelessly via an add on which transmits the data to an iphone app, or via wifi to a laptop.

Here a few of the pre-made customizable gauge faces available. I will be creating one that looks like my OEM Porsche dashboard gauges, but figured you might want to see what some other guys have done to make gagues match their cars. These are for Audi A4, BMW M, and Saab:

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Still[1].bmp (60.1 KB, 769 views)
Still[5].bmp (60.1 KB, 359 views)
still[6].bmp (60.1 KB, 303 views)
Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 AM
CAL
CAL will become famous soon enough
Wow... Bravo!

Old 05-06-2010, 09:08 AM
jlipana has a spectacular aura aboutjlipana has a spectacular aura about
After following your SC thread and now this, I am in pure awe.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Cattman - I am impressed!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:18 AM
You guys are too much, it's not that hard!
The SC installation gave me the confidence to tackle just about anything.

However, my next mod may require a bit more than ingenuity...see pic.
CATTMAN

Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
bro, u got steel *****

rep points for drilling a big hole in the gorgeous dash

(shoot, its telling me to spread the rep points around.. must have given u one recently)

anyhow, it looks great !

Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2010, 06:17 AM
BTW, I kept the cutout "puck", just in case I want to go back to stock
CATTMAN

Old 05-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Wink

Good idea.

I have one of those vinyl repair kits if you need to borrow it.

BTW, I kept the cutout "puck", just in case I want to go back to stock
CATTMAN

Old 05-07-2010, 08:09 AM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
You guys are too much, it's not that hard!
The SC installation gave me the confidence to tackle just about anything.

However, my next mod may require a bit more than ingenuity...see pic.
CATTMAN
Funny pic, your work here is amazing and kudos for the courage to cut a big hole in the dash! Can't wait to see the final setup. I want one too!
Bob

Old 05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Here is a quick video showing the data-logging and engine diagnostics I will be able to do. I will connect the KiWi wifi unit to the main PLX control unit (OBDII 200), and it will then stream data from both my OBDII and the custom modules I am installing for AFR and Boost, and send it wirelessly, to my iphone or laptop. Just another add on to the PLX system at the center of my custom Sport CATTMAN pod, LOL!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7V-mOTeiM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7V-mOTeiM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CATTMAN

Old 05-08-2010, 10:09 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
The things that go on right in your own back yard - wow!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bold Mod- Custom Sport Chrono Pod with Multi Gauge