997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No 997S lately in the Movies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:15 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
The only movie featuring Porsches worth watching is Le Mans. All others are just garbage.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:36 PM
akim47 will become famous soon enoughakim47 will become famous soon enough
Entourage
Mentioned before.. in Entourage, Jamie Lynn bought Turtle a new .2 C2S.

Also, David Schwimmer was seen at Shutters (Santa Monica) getting into a white 997.2 C2S after lunch..

(Older) Adam Davies was rollin a Cab.. I forgot which one, but he was rollin the streets when he saw Ari looking for a space to rent for his new office...

I'm glad the Entourage bestowes some love to the Pcar in addition to always having an Escalade (last season they were drivin the Esc Hybrid).. Also, Vinny C was doing the Enzo Ferrari movie..

I love David D in Californication rollin his hoopty p-car.. at one point, I think he got a new 996 promptly to have it car-jacked..

Wife (I swear) watches a show Drop Dead Diva where a fat chick lawyer drives a Silver 997.1 C2S..

In the movie 2012 w/ John Cusack (movie sucked), the new-husband has a Cayman that gets destroyed.

Of course, there are many older references, but I'm stickin with the new stuff...

Now even my wife notices when a P-car is in a movie. I thought It's Complicated was pretty good as Alec Baldwin did a good job in a role similar to Jack Donagy... Patrick Dempsey sucked in Valentine's day... i think it's funny how Hollywood likes to play up the sterotype of the ******bag in the p-car... lol...

Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Ferris Buehler's Day Off - Ferrari GT California. Sneak car cameo featuring a car dreams are made of. See one in person at a Concours some day, they are amazing.

Latest issue of BMW's Roundel featured the JD Powers reliability report. Number ONE in the survey:
PORSCHE!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Add TV to the Porsche Dick List

Last night in the TV show "Parenthood", the slimy, smarmy hedge fund manager who cheated and stole his way to fame and fortune was driving a cab. One of the regulars who hated the guy sneered "Porsche" as the slimeball drove up.

I'm such a good guy - the rest of ya are ruining my image