997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No 997S lately in the Movies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:34 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
No 997S lately in the Movies

I went to see Iron Man 2 tonight . I very rarely go to the movies and it's been about two years since i saw my last film and walked out (Pirates of Carribean 2 ).

Even before the film began the previews and commercials (yep I pay to watch advertisements ) featured a Mustang. The car looked great and I coild hear voices in the audience going "ooh" and "wow" .

When the film began the Audi R8 V10 cab makes its intro and again I hear the audience gasp at its presence. The R8 is Iron Man's car .

It was a good fim BTW .. a little slow at times .. but entertaining enough .

I thought to myself afterwards why no 997S in recent films ? Is it that I just don't go to the movies ? Nope .. because I never saw any of those vampire movies (New Moon series) and saw there is a Turbo. I recall movies in the past with a Cayenne Turbo , a Boxter. even a 996 cab.

The 997.2S is really an awesome car and it woild be nice to see the car on screen as part of an entertainment . It think it can only benefit sales to feature a car .

any thoughts ?

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-08-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:42 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I went to see Iron Man 2 tonight . I very rarely go to the movies and it's been about two years since i saw my last film and walked out (Pirates of Carribean 2 ).

Even before the film began the previews and commercials (yep I pay to watch advertisements ) featured a Mustang. The car looked great and I coild hear voices in the audience going "ooh" and "wow" .

When the film began the Audi R8 V10 cab makes its intro and again I hear the audience gasp at its presence. The R8 is Iron Man's car .

It was a good fim BTW .. a little slow at times .. but entertaining enough .

I thought to myself afterwards why no 997S in recent films ? Is it that I just don't go to the movies ? Nope .. because I never saw any of those vampire movies (New Moon series) and saw there is a Turbo. I recall movies in the past with a Cayenne Turbo , a Boxter. even a 996 cab.

The 997.2S is really an awesome car and it woild be nice to see the car on screen as part of an entertainment . It think it can only benefit sales to feature a car .

any thoughts ?
I just saw it tonight as well, it was pretty good, considering it was the sequel. I honestly must say the coupe R8 looks better then the drop version. The white didn't do nothing for me, even though im looking for a white turbo as we speak.
P.S (Yrralis1) what do you think of a 05-06 lamborghini, I know you always have great insight on cars? They are going for the same price as a 07-08 turbo?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
I just saw it tonight as well, it was pretty good, considering it was the sequel. I honestly must say the coupe R8 looks better then the drop version. The white didn't do nothing for me, even though im looking for a white turbo as we speak.
P.S (Yrralis1) what do you think of a 05-06 lamborghini, I know you always have great insight on cars? They are going for the same price as a 07-08 turbo?
1) Agree on the white R8 cab . The silver coupe looks the best for that car . In fact I happen to like silver on most cars including the 997 line up.

2) The lambo has all the "look at me" factor along with engine exhaust note but it lacks a lot of what Porsche has . I'm not impressed with E gear. Miles really sink the price too. Plus the Turbo .. with it's modding potential can cream it.

They are very different types of car .

Old 05-09-2010, 12:10 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
1) Agree on the white R8 cab . The silver coupe looks the best for that car . In fact I happen to like silver on most cars including the 997 line up.

2) The lambo has all the "look at me" factor along with engine exhaust note but it lacks a lot of what Porsche has . I'm not impressed with E gear. Miles really sink the price too. Plus the Turbo .. with it's modding potential can cream it.

They are very different types of car .
Thanks once again.......what do you think about a R8? vs the turbo?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:31 AM
I would rather have a 997S plus savings over the R8. The R8 has a beautiful exterior but is even slower than the C2S and much slower than the Turbo. What the R8 does have is mass appeal being that Audi has brilliant advertising (from the zombie commercial , to Iron Man ) . I think the Porsche 997S /997tt could have been the car in any of thse movies BTW.

Here's my analysis -
Lambo --has beauty , not that reliable or easy to fix, and gets a lot of attention and that's not always a good thing . Drives ok but sounds so good that one thinks it drives better.

Audi -has beauty ,reliability , I am not thrilled with the interior, gets attention but not like the lambo . Drives good but needs more power.

Turbo -- Understated .. not flashy . Extremely reliable. Minor modifications make huge changes in how the car drives.
Stock = needs stuff .
Software + exhaust + suspension = fast
Software +exhaust + intake + inercoolers +suspension = very fast
Upgrade the Turbos and clutch = extremely fast

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-09-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:51 AM
I would rather have a 997S plus savings over the R8. The R8 has a beautiful exterior but is even slower than the C2S and much slower than the Turbo. What the R8 does have is mass appeal being that Audi has brilliant advertising (from the zombie commercial , to Iron Man ) . I think the Porsche 997S /997tt could have been the car in any of thse movies BTW.

Here's my analysis -
Lambo --has beauty , not that reliable or easy to fix, and gets a lot of attention and that's not always a good thing . Drives ok but sounds so good that one thinks it drives better.

Audi -has beauty ,reliability , I am not thrilled with the interior, gets attention but not like the lambo . Drives good but needs more power.

Turbo -- Understated .. not flashy . Extremely reliable. Minor modifications make huge changes in how the car drives.
Stock = needs stuff .
Software + exhaust + suspension = fast
Software +exhaust + intake + inercoolers +suspension = very fast
Upgrade the Turbos and clutch = extremely fast
Last but not least the V8 Vantage???? your thought please....?

Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
My wife and I are avid movie-goers. What I've noticed is that nearly every movie with a Porsche in it feeds the old cliches - middle-age crisis man, man cheating on wife or just plain dicks. Latest one is "It's Complicated" with Streep and Baldwin. Baldwin manages to be all three of the above cliches in that movie and drives a 997.2 cab.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:13 AM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
i heard a coming attraction, "fury vengeance," will show inside of a 2005 997 S cab

my old car

the present owner emailed me to tell me..they were looking for a 911 cab with black interior

my old car is famous!

Old 05-09-2010, 06:43 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alan
.........................a Porsche in it feeds the old cliches - middle-age crisis man, man cheating on wife or just plain dicks. Latest one is "It's Complicated" with Streep and Baldwin. Baldwin manages to be all three of the above cliches in that movie and drives a 997.2 cab.
Perfect casting; he's all three outside the movie too.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 AM
winkingchef is a glorious beacon of lightwinkingchef is a glorious beacon of lightwinkingchef is a glorious beacon of lightwinkingchef is a glorious beacon of lightwinkingchef is a glorious beacon of light
Chuck's hottie spy pal drives a 997 cab.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 AM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
I think it comes down to advertising and market appeal. The market most of the newer movies are aimed at are the younger crowd. Simply put, Porsche doesn't make a car for this demographic, Audi however, both in new and used form, has a ton. They throw in a nice R8 into a movie, people "ooo, ahhh", and while they can't go out and get that R8, the brands reputation is improved, and those same people go out and buy an A4 or the like. Porsche putting a 911 into the film would do nothing but show off a car to a crowd of people 95% who can't buy one and 5% can afford the brand and either hate or love it.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
On entourage there's a few porsches. Jamie Lynn Siegler has one. Couple of the agents. Obviously there are ferrari's, mercedes, lexus etc. too.

Saw Iron Man - actually the R8, looked a little disappointing to me. Sort of small and compact with less presence than the coupe. I'd much rather have a 430 vert or a Lambo vert. Those will stop you in your tracks (looks wise). Scarlett looked good in the movie = wow..

Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tejoe
Perfect casting; he's all three outside the movie too.

Damn, you beat me to it!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 AM
essayons will become famous soon enough
read a great comparo of the new R8 vert, Ferrari California, Jag I forget what, and one other in EVO magazine waiting on a plane in Ireland.

I dunno, I thought the drop top R8 looked great

Old 05-09-2010, 08:34 AM
essayons will become famous soon enough
read a great comparo of the new R8 vert, Ferrari California, Jag I forget what, and one other in EVO magazine waiting on a plane in Ireland.

I dunno, I thought the drop top R8 looked great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No 997S lately in the Movies