997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help me price this CS2 2009. New Member!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
once again yrralis1 is right. you can get a much better deal. since the car is on the new side the trade in loss was much higher. i would offer them 78 and see what they say! yrralis will say offer them 76 but i think that is a tad low and you dont want to have them walk on you.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
radgaser is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gloves
once again yrralis1 is right. you can get a much better deal. since the car is on the new side the trade in loss was much higher. i would offer them 78 and see what they say!
I did and the sales guy says he has 79.5 in it and needs 2K profit.

Last edited by radgaser; 06-10-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by P997S
i wouldnt buy it either but not cause its at a benz dealership
MSRP = $105k maybe?

2 months ago you could have bought this exact car brand new 2010 for $90k. So is a $9k discount enough for a 1.5yr old car? rather buy new - be a hard negotiator - you can get a good discount.
Give me a name of a dealer you can recommend.

I'm a very tough negotiator, but I need to have all the info to get it done.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Listen to yrralis. You can get this car for 72 if you look hard-maybe even with CPO. Just bought a new 2010 GT3 at significant discount.
how about the name of the dealer and what % off did you receive???

Old 06-10-2010, 01:47 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by radgaser
I did and the sales guy says he has 79.5 in it and needs 2K profit.
thats hard to believe. max trade in on that car is 75k. so i dont think they put another 4.5k into that car. unless they loved the guy who sold it to them.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:50 PM
i would take it for 79.5k no cpo or 81.5k with cpo. for the additional 2 years on top of the existing warranty. you will not find this car for 72k from a dealer as even kbb says the trade in is above that. 72 from whole sale but who does/can buy that way.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by radgaser
I appreciate your comments.

If you have any contacts that can help me find a loaded C2S I would be most appreciative.

I have a wholesaler in S FL, but he says Manheim wholesale for this car is mid to high 70s. He can't find many and none w/the color combo and options I want.

This car is local. On the porsche dealers lot. They will CPO for 2100. I am close to pulling the trigger. I am getting the service records and dme printout tonight.

Thanks for your input!
I must have confused the car as the only one that i found listed on auto trader which was identical to your description was at a Mercedes dealership.
Your car CPO at 2100 will cost 82K . That's so close to a new car . Just so you know I considered trading my car for a Gt3 about 8 months ago . The trade in value was mid 70's then .

Since I have bought all of my cars new and used cars is separate from new the guys I know best are in new cars. I will gladly PM you their info and even if you don't buy a car from them maybe they can shed their input so that whatever car you get you feel happy with the deal.

PM sent.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-10-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by gloves
thats hard to believe. max trade in on that car is 75k. so i dont think they put another 4.5k into that car. unless they loved the guy who sold it to them.
Thats what he says. Who knows, it is all a poker game!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Sorry for all the typos guys . I would edit them but I have been multi tasking amd posting simultaneously.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I must have confused the car as the only one that i found listed on auto traderwhich waws identical to yoir description was at a Mercedes dealership.
Your car CPO at 2100 will cost 82K . That's so close to a new car . Just so you know I considered trading my car for a Gt3 about 8 months ago . The trade in value was mid 70's then .

Since I have bought all of my cars new and used cars is separate from new the guys I know best are in new cars. I will gladly PM you their info and even if you don't buy a car from them maybe they can shed their input so that whatever car you get you feel happy with the deal.

PM sent.

Thanks for the pm. I still do not have enough posts to send a pm b/c I just joined. Not for long though!

Old 06-13-2010, 09:50 AM
scopeit is infamous around these partsscopeit is infamous around these parts
I was looking for a car just like this. Had a car broker looking and found one at a Porsche dealer within 100 miles of me, but with 12K miles on it loaded - ventilated seats did it for me. I would buy this car at that price (82). There are a lot more C4S out there (at least when I did the search on the Porsche website but that's not what I wanted). The sticker on this car was probably around 107. Important thing is you like the car and the color and it has everything you want on it. Miles are low and it is PDK so don't sweat whether or not it was "abused". Someone else may buy this car -which may be OK if you're really patient. A few thousand here or there won't matter when you're smiling as you put it in "sport" and floor it. Time is too short to do too much haggling.

Enjoy it!
just my2c

2009C2S PDK

Old 06-13-2010, 02:38 PM
ScottAtlGa will become famous soon enough
Two months ago was about 3/31 when the discounts were relatively huge on new Porsches but that week is over. Also, I have access to Manheim and there aren't enough Porsches in the sales history for the wholesales to be meaningful IMHO since most never go to Manheim. The ones that go there I think generally have had some paint/body work and Porsche dealers don't want them. I bought a C2 Cab back in MArch with abotu 76 with 2k miles and feel I got a good deal because it was colors I wanted and nearly new. Sure, another $12k I could have had a NEW one but when you trade often(atleast every year) that is just another $12k wasted. Not a single problem with this one yet!