997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help me price this CS2 2009. New Member!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 AM
radgaser is on a distinguished road
Help me price this CS2 2009. New Member!!!

New to the forum and buying my first 911! Appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks in advance.

2009 CS2 Gray
3500 miles, NOT CPO (inservice date of 10/08)
PDK
Sport Chrono
Dynamic cornering lights
Self dimming Mirrors
Multifxn steering wheel w/heat
Heated/cooled seats
Power comfort seats
full leather
Nav/Bluetooth/XM/Universal audio
Bose High end sound

The dealer is asking 86K. Will sell for 81.5K. Is this a good price?

Is CPO a must have on pre-owned w/over 2 years of warranty?

What else do I need to know about the car from the dealer???

Last edited by radgaser; 06-10-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:36 AM
INSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to behold
$80-82K is a pretty decent price as equipped, you might want to look at the limited service history and maybe get a pre-buy inspection from a local Porsche dealer just for extra piece of mind to confirm no frame damage, no paint or body work of any kind and 100% mechanically sound.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:21 AM
ucla95 is on a distinguished road
jump on it at that price

Old 06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I would not buy the car ... period. The red flag is that it's at a Mercedes dealership . Not too long ago it was common to see Porsche 911 cars being sold at Mercedes , Lexis, and even Mercury dealerships . Who woild trade in his Porsche for a Mercury (I thought) ? What I realized is that many of thse deal;erships are buying these cars at auction because the Porscdhe holds value and can sell on the used car lots . In many cases they have some sort of story . Now maybe this 3500 mile car is a beauty but I wold not take the risk. Plus the price isn't great. Wholesale its worth 70 at best .

80K can buy one heck of a car but in my opinion it either ought to be bought at a Porsche dealership with a CPO OR a private ownerwho really loved his car but just needs to sell it.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:52 PM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
i wouldnt buy it either but not cause its at a benz dealership
MSRP = $105k maybe?

2 months ago you could have bought this exact car brand new 2010 for $90k. So is a $9k discount enough for a 1.5yr old car? rather buy new - be a hard negotiator - you can get a good discount.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:28 PM
rosenbergendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Listen to yrralis. You can get this car for 72 if you look hard-maybe even with CPO. Just bought a new 2010 GT3 at significant discount.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 PM
INSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by P997S
i wouldnt buy it either but not cause its at a benz dealership
MSRP = $105k maybe?

2 months ago you could have bought this exact car brand new 2010 for $90k. So is a $9k discount enough for a 1.5yr old car? rather buy new - be a hard negotiator - you can get a good discount.
Not sure your numbers are completely accurate "today" as I am buying a pretty loaded 2009 C4S coupe w/PDK with less than 6k miles carrying a $109k sticker for $79k this week and visited my local Porsche dealer today to discuss this barely used versus new and he said to take the other car, as he had low inventory and not a big allocation coming in nor would he sell me that car at that price as "used" seems to be driving the market right now and you can't create any more used cars than that already out in the market. Just saying...

Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Bought my $115k car brand new 2 months ago for $100k. Just sayin.....

Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by P997S
Bought my $115k car brand new 2 months ago for $100k. Just sayin.....
2 months ago is not today, but I can appreciate that you got $15k off. Heck, there are a few "new" cars out there at $25k off, but are in colors and options packages that are not the most desirable.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by INSman
2 months ago is not today, but I can appreciate that you got $15k off. Heck, there are a few "new" cars out there at $25k off, but are in colors and options packages that are not the most desirable.
This was the same with last year. The key to getting a car at a great price with desireable options is to buy it when the incentives FIRST come out . That way the inventory offers a larger selection . P997S got his car at the first wave of discounts on 2010 cars . He did well .

Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
This was the same with last year. The key to getting a car at a great price with desireable options is to buy it when the incentives FIRST come out . That way the inventory offers a larger selection . P997S got his car at the first wave of discounts on 2010 cars . He did well .
AGAIN, agreed but apparently that time is not today...

Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 AM
The price for his 09 car is respectable.

INS -
Your location has high volume Porsche sales . It's my opinion that the manager wants you to buy the 09 car to satisfy his profit agenda . He has to be aware that with new cars offering low finance rates that it pushes the used car market down . Yet he may also realize that every cent counts and it might be enough to consider the used car even at these high price levels.

The C4S is a higher priced car and yours has low miles . You are getting a far better deal than the original poster on this thread . The price may sound the same BUT your car MSRP is higher , it has CPO, and is bought from an authorized Porsche dealership . That is a huge difference from a Mercedes, Lexus , or BMW used car lot on an auction car.

The disadvantage of your deal is that 2009 cars were mass produced . They were practically given away back in 09, and the cars are now 2 model years old (at 2011) .

Call it a wash . you save a few bucks , he moves a unit, and your car will be a nice car , plus if you shop in your near area it simplifies the process .

In short --yours is a decent deal .. but the guy isn't doing you a favor --he's selling a car.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-10-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I would not buy the car ... period. The red flag is that it's at a Mercedes dealership . Not too long ago it was common to see Porsche 911 cars being sold at Mercedes , Lexis, and even Mercury dealerships . Who woild trade in his Porsche for a Mercury (I thought) ? What I realized is that many of thse deal;erships are buying these cars at auction because the Porscdhe holds value and can sell on the used car lots . In many cases they have some sort of story . Now maybe this 3500 mile car is a beauty but I wold not take the risk. Plus the price isn't great. Wholesale its worth 70 at best .

80K can buy one heck of a car but in my opinion it either ought to be bought at a Porsche dealership with a CPO OR a private ownerwho really loved his car but just needs to sell it.

To clarify this car is at a porsche dealer. Thanks for all the replies!

Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 PM

I appreciate your comments.

If you have any contacts that can help me find a loaded C2S I would be most appreciative.

I have a wholesaler in S FL, but he says Manheim wholesale for this car is mid to high 70s. He can't find many and none w/the color combo and options I want.

This car is local. On the porsche dealers lot. They will CPO for 2100. I am close to pulling the trigger. I am getting the service records and dme printout tonight.

Thanks for your input!

Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by INSman
2 months is nothing..economy about to get a lot worse. Personally, i think we are in a depression but...(im a fixed income, bond, expert and student of the markets and economy)
Porsche is reducing production so that will hurt the buyers. but 2011s hitting the dealership so great deals on 2010s are coming again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me price this CS2 2009. New Member!!!