997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What is your other car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
This is my DD. I know R-class look is not for everyone, but with some Brabus treatment. I've received alot of compliment everywhere. It has 3rd row seats, alot of leg room. Since it is a lot lower than ML or GL, it was easier to get in and out and it drive more like a car than SUV. Beside all that, you can pick one up with great discount!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:12 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !

This is my other car.......Bob(bbywu) just doesnt know Im letting him drive ithil arious

Jim

Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
After we turned the infant seats around for our twins I realized I didn't like the huge SUV anymore b/c I coulnd't reach back there and pick up sippy cups, goldfish, and other cr@p while driving. Just something to think about if you have small kids and you share the taxi duties with the wife....

A few years ago, my parents gifted me a Volvo XC70 for $1. It can fit 3 car/booster seats in a row (I now have a 1yr old & 6yr old twins). It also has more storage than most SUV's with the sloped rears. It is capable enough to handle ski trips and New England winters. Ski/bike/kayak rack is at a more a more useable height. I've been pretty happy with everything except the tampon-like shape.

BTW -the new XC line has an integrated pop out booster seat option, which make it pretty versatile as a family / freind hauler.

My wife picked up an Edge about 12 months ago when Ford was giving away $5000 discounts to buy their cars. It also fits 3 car seats across, and the rear seat can recline to better accomodate booster seats. I'm not a fan of most crossovers, but she likes it and drives it like a banshee. (She makes me proud when she drives my 911.)

Now that my kids are bigger, I'm ready for a 70's caddy limo with a sliding partion..or at least a bigger vehicle. I've tried a few SUV's recently - I thought the X5 drove the best but the interior was lackluster. The Cayenne S was fun, but the ride wasn't comfortable and storage space was pretty limited. Q7 was simply too big to drive in the city, and a bunch of dash-electronics failed on the test drive. The R-class (at least the old one) is just @ss-ugly. The MDX was just about perfect as a vehicle...but drips with soccer mom style. I'll test drive a RangeRover Sport, this weekend.

If i'm not comfortable after this weekend, I might go the sedan route.

Last edited by mshanler; 07-22-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: edit
Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zanwar
Range Rover Sport. Wonderful interior and a great long distance tourer. The off road ability gives you extra options. The new LR4 has a similar interior and a 3rd row. Do you need to fit 3 child seats in the back?
The wife loves the RR Sport but the LR3/4 tows the car better because of the longer wheelbase. . . If I didn't tow I would have the RR Sport S/C!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:43 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JmanE55
We have the Acura MDX as our family hauler (it has 3rd row and seats 7) and we've been very happy with it. No issue at all after 11000 miles and the only cost was the oil change at 6000 miles ~ $75.
My wife has a 07 MDX, cheap to maintain, but a little boring to drive IMO, even for a SUV.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:47 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
You guys are going to kill me for saying this ....but our mini-van really is the best 3rd row car;easy in-out, mega storage even with third row up, Nav and DVD, radar cruise, open dual side doors with keyfob, and toyota reliability. Sorry this is just a brief moment that my practical side came out.
Our new LX 570 looks nicer, rides nicer, has better and more amenities but for double the price it is actually less practical. Also not as easy to use when taking the family out, the third row sucks in comparison, and the storage space is way less.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:50 PM
73Euro911S is on a distinguished road
When the kids were in the house we had a Lexus GX460 (the medium sized SUV). Now that there in college, my wife wanted a smaller car for herself, and we got a BMW 328i (I didn't tell her about the 335 turbo version). She loves stand it's a great around town car. Since we still are active and need an SUV for snowboard trips, hunting, beach days, hauling crap, and all that, I picked up a 2007 Toyota 4Runner 4WD for under $20K. It's been great, we use the heck out of it, it's comfortable, super reliable, gets decent mileage (about 20 mpg overall) and I don't worry a lick about the abuse it takes. Highly recommended SUV.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:38 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
I have an 2003 E46 bmw 325i with 100K miles that I drive in the winter (with snows, 100 lbs. in the trunk) and to the mall, etc. I need a new second car soon! (I have a C2S pdk)

I'd love to get a new S4 as a second car, but I ruled it out. My criteria for a second car is a great winter car for the snow, fun, AND something I can not worry about and park anywhere-- including seedy parts of downtown...I'm thinking about a subaru or maybe a GTI

Old 07-22-2010, 04:10 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
My second is a 08 Z06 with full BB headers, x-pipe, high flow cats and bullets and Halltech intake. I also have a 86 Corvette Indy Pace Car Vert that I am in the process of restoring and close to being done. All that is left is to decide if I want to repaint it or leave it with the original paint which is a great 10 foot car.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Porscheluxe is on a distinguished road
I replaced my Cayenne with an '09 Merc E350 and am delighted with it. The truck-like SUVs just don't compare with the comfort of a wagon. Based on past experience, also consider a Volvo V70, and if you need the space of a MommyVan, the Honda is the best IMHO.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:39 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
My other ride is able to stay ahead of the Porsche........

BUT only when the Porsche IS in the trailer

Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2010, 04:46 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Don't settle for something boring, just get rid of the Kids!!

Old 07-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Honda Ridgeline My DD 80k in 3 years never had to do anything but change oil and people can say I am full of it but only rot. tires once have good tread on the Michelin's but may go get new ones tomw. since going on a long road trip this week end. Hot asphalt may take its toll

Old 07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
jus587 is on a distinguished road
I have a VW Touareg for the family. It is a very good VALUE car. Not too posh but not too agricultural either. Very roomy compared to X5's and similar competition. All around nice car. I am looking at a 7 seater car and have been for some time. My choice would be Land Rover Discovery. But that really depends on where you live, I guess!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
robf is on a distinguished road
What other car? Is there another?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is your other car?