997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What is your other car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
pureretro is on a distinguished road
A humble Saab 9000 circa 1997. Hauls *** and gets 26MPG average. Exhaust announces arrival in a more pronounced fashion than either my 993 or 997, however ;-)

Anyone else out there with a Saab as DD?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robfxlr
other car is my wifes 2010 Lexus RX350. Real nice, AC, seats, NAV, quick, good gas mileage, hi quality car........
Wow, yours has seats!?

Seriously though, the vented seats are really awesome.

I have the 997 C2S and a Mini Cooper S for my daily cars, wife has a 2010 RX350 like you, fully loaded It's actually a really good car, not quite a Cayenne but it costs a lot less to run.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:29 PM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
My reply is way in the back, but i hope you get to see it. If you want the best for you dollar, buy Nissan or Toyota. They don't break as much as the others (see Consumers Report) and are well thought out with their space. If you get your vehicles loaded with options, then consider the equivalent Infiniti or Lexus. You also want to consider rear independent suspension, it eliminates the hump in the back and gives more leg room for the third row. I have four boys (my oldest 23, my youngest 8) so I have had a third row type vehicle for a long, long time. Been through many.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 PM
AC911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mgf997
My reply is way in the back, but i hope you get to see it. If you want the best for you dollar, buy Nissan or Toyota. They don't break as much as the others (see Consumers Report) and are well thought out with their space. If you get your vehicles loaded with options, then consider the equivalent Infiniti or Lexus. You also want to consider rear independent suspension, it eliminates the hump in the back and gives more leg room for the third row. I have four boys (my oldest 23, my youngest 8) so I have had a third row type vehicle for a long, long time. Been through many.
I hear you... I have an 05 Toyota 4runner now and haven't had one issue. The thing with it is, it has a small-ish interior. I am thinking about an Infinit QX56 (not the new ones though - kinda ugly looking) but little surprised that no one commented on one of those.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
I'll be buying my second car this fall to drive in the winter, plus local errands, etc. My C2S will still be my primary car otherwise.

Unfortunately, there are very few cars that I consider unique enough to want to buy, as I view almost all of them as virtually indistinguishable clones, performance- and especially looks-wise.

My first choice will likely be a new Jeep Liberty. I actually think the Wrangler is even more unique and interesting, but I just don't think it's a logical winter car!

So I think that the Jeep/Porsche combo will be perfect for me. Both unique, and a apples/orange comparison and driving experience. (I don't want another small sporty car--like a mazda3 or GTI-- that would always fall short of the 911).

Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 PM
AgentSteel is on a distinguished road
My other car

2007 M5, which I gave to my wife, she normally took public transit or cabs. I can't stop driving my P-car. However after driving the 997.1TT the M5 does seem more tame and like a heavy boat cruiser. I will stay with any German car, likely an Audi A8 for the next sedan.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:00 AM
robf is on a distinguished road
How about the Cadillac CTS-V? Fastest production sedan in the world. V8 500+ HP Supercharged rocket with 6 speed manual and recarro seats! @ only 60k for all this luxury and technology it sounds like a pretty sweet ride.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 AM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
My wife had a 06 QX56, loved the car. Fast and very roomy. The rear seats are also well thought-out and there is room for groceries. The only minor kink is MPG, but that goes with any large SUV. My kids are bigger now and have there own cars, we now have a 09 FX and also love it. Before the QX she had a Toyota Sequoia and a 4Runner and never had a problem with either. As you can notice, there is a pattern. We did do our share of American SUV/Vans (Caravan, 2 Aerostars, 2 Durangos) and I must say it did not go well. I also have a Escalade as my personal other car. Its nice, but it can not even come close to the quality and/or durability of the QX.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:16 AM
One more note: I also saw the Pics of the new QX and I don't like it either. Will need to see in person for my final verdict.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
Wow, yours has seats!?

Seriously though, the vented seats are really awesome.

I have the 997 C2S and a Mini Cooper S for my daily cars, wife has a 2010 RX350 like you, fully loaded It's actually a really good car, not quite a Cayenne but it costs a lot less to run.
can rx350 tow about of 4K lbs trailer?

Old 07-28-2010, 07:37 AM
RaceCarDriver is on a distinguished road
My 911 is a weekend car. My daily driver is a 2008 m3 sedan, its the perfect daily, plenty of room for 2 baby seats in back and has the power and handling of anything on the road.

When the weather is bad I use my cherokee srt-8. Great in the snow with snow tires and plenty of room for the 2 baby seats

Old 07-28-2010, 08:37 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
can rx350 tow about of 4K lbs trailer?
3500lbs is the limit, when equipped with the towing package.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 AM
henrysko will become famous soon enoughhenrysko will become famous soon enough
Wife's daily is an '05 Touareg V8 w/air suspension and I drive an '07 F-150 King Ranch. Our chocolate labs love the back seat!! Really comes in handy for those Loew's days.

The P car is our weekender fun machine.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:28 PM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
I have a 2000 VW Jetti 8V... yah.. im a poor porsche owner haha

Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
jk

modded of course.... and wifey has a new CX9 Grand touring.... if you ever want to explore a well layed out SUV the Mazda CX9 Grand touring was a car I did not intend to buy but after looking around and test driving a ton, was sold......

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is your other car?