997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

First P-car service – what will CPO cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
First P-car service – what will CPO cover

So I have a few issues with my CPO (had it for 2 months) 2005 C2S. I am wondering if anyone on here can make a suggestion as to what I may or may not pay for. IE what might be covered under my CPO. Obviously I don’t think I should have to pay for any of it, but I doubt that will work out in my favor.

1 – I just started to get a Warning Battery / Generator message yesterday
2 – My 3rd brake lite loves to get water in it so it cloudy and looks terrible
3 – My passenger side door light doesn’t stay in the door
4 – My airbag light turned on a few weeks ago and won’t turn off
5 – Both of my key fobs don’t work from more than 10 feet away (yes I changed the batteries)
6 – The carpet closest to the door hinge on the passenger side door is not glued down but used to be (it looks terrible)

Thanks for the input.

Phil

Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
it all depends on a dealer.

don`t go to burlington/boston dealer ever.

at prime group on rt #1 i had differet rate of success - but they changed service manager an new guy (Scott?)is not as good as old guy (Sean) was at all.
#5 - keys - if they ever worked from furhter distance, may be, but i think what you have is normal.
#6 - is it water damage? is your door sealed well? if also light comes out from that door - i would check structural problems. no idea but unlikely to be warranted if it was ever damaged.
#4 - CPO.
#3 - depends, but imho CPO
#2 - unlikely CPO, most likely damage and may be replaced but will cost you.
#1 - test generator at dealer (or use simple digital multitool yourself to check how voltage changes on your battery contact when you start your car an add up rpms)
as it is CPO, new battery is covered by original waranty bu I am not sure about CPO - keep in mind new battery from autozone costs $120 or so. i just got a new one myself.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:59 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Thanks for the answers.

The carpet and 2 lights I figured they would not want to cover as any of those could have been my fault in the past 2 months. I am 100% it came that way and just didnt know it at the time.

Oh and the carpet is not damanged nor is it a structure. It looks like the adhesive let go and needs to be glued again.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gloves
Oh and the carpet is not damanged nor is it a structure. It looks like the adhesive let go and needs to be glued again.
try regular superglue. it may be enough.
if it is lifted now then most likely it was lifted manually before for some reason - those carpets do not come up by itself usually. but who knows.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:18 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gloves
6 – The carpet closest to the door hinge on the passenger side door is not glued down but used to be
I have the same problem in my '05 997S. I think this is just general wear from passengers feet rubbing as they enter the footwell of the car. Mine is not very noticeable so I haven't done anything but I agree with utkinpol, just superglue it back and you should be fine!