997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

gt3 or turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 AM
ROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the rough
gt3 or turbo

Guys I am thinking of giving my 997 cs2 cab a face lift and can't seem to decide on what bumper to go with. It's either, a turbo, gt2 turbo or gt3 bumper. Any thoughts?

thanks

Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE
Guys I am thinking of giving my 997 cs2 cab a face lift and can't seem to decide on what bumper to go with. It's either, a turbo, gt2 turbo or gt3 bumper. Any thoughts?

thanks
I think it's hard to place an aggressive aerokit like the Gt3 on a cab . It's really designed with a purpose in mind and in its complete form needs the rear wing and most importantly --the roof.

The Turbo or Gt2 is even more over the top on a 997S cab as its design intention was for a completely different car .

For a 997.1S cab I woild probably leave it alone but if i did place an aerokit I would select one that's both understated and built specifically for that car.

I would pick Techart . Simple, understated, elegant , and extremely well made.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:07 AM
ROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I think it's hard to place an aggressive aerokit like the Gt3 on a cab . It's really designed with a purpose in mind and in its complete form needs the rear wing and most importantly --the roof.

The Turbo or Gt2 is even more over the top on a 997S cab as its design intention was for a completely different car .

For a 997.1S cab I woild probably leave it alone but if i did place an aerokit I would select one that's both understated and built specifically for that car.

I would pick Techart . Simple, understated, elegant , and extremely well made.
I agree except...the TT comes in cab also. Anyway, decided to go with Misha TT front bumper...that is one mean looking face

Old 08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
do you have a pic?
some times that helps me picture with the mods... and NO they all dont look the same.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:59 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE

thanks
i honestly think a C2S car with GT3 face looks quite ridiculous but, well, why not.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:57 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't waste my money on chaging a bumper, but if I wanted a face lift I'd get a nice new set of forged wheels. Lighter = quicker.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:58 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I agree that changing the bumper is a waste, however I like the GT3/Aerokit the best.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:09 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Faced the same decision and debated it for quite awhile, finally ending up with Vorsteiner front and rear with TechArt skirts. Although if I had wanted to go turbo-style, I would have seriously considered Misha!

Attached Images   
Old 08-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by anthony
Faced the same decision and debated it for quite awhile, finally ending up with Vorsteiner front and rear with TechArt skirts. Although if I had wanted to go turbo-style, I would have seriously considered Misha!
That is one sexy car. I've been looking for rinspeed's for a while now with no luck

Old 08-11-2010, 02:01 AM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully a set will come up soon...I got lucky and found them for sale from a member here on 6speed (Gomez). If I see a set for sale, I'll let you know. -Anthony