997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Quick Question - Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 11:34 AM
07.997.1Targa4 is on a distinguished road
Quick Question - Clear Bra

Hello everyone, i have been enjoying this forum for a while now, thank you.

quick question, many of us will obsess over the paint on our cars. Like many, especially on the East Coast, I have a clear bra that covers the entire front end, i love it. i cannot tell the difference from where it begins and where it ends. is there anyone that has put the clear bra over the remaining body of the car? is there any down side that you may have experienced?

i dont see any down side, especially with a black car where the clear bra (a) protects the paint and (b) hides much of the paint swirls we all try to diminish.

any feedback / comments / experience would be very much appreciated.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
A few of the companies are doing complete car wraps. Xpel, 3M, ect.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:04 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 PM
FI Flyer is on a distinguished road
I am sure that you can get what you want at Detailing Dynamics which is in Mineola (Nassau County.) They are online or you can contact Matt at matt@detailingdynamics.com or 516-747-4114. I am very pleased with their work on my new car this spring.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 07.997.1Targa4
Hello everyone, i have been enjoying this forum for a while now, thank you.

quick question, many of us will obsess over the paint on our cars. Like many, especially on the East Coast, I have a clear bra that covers the entire front end, i love it. i cannot tell the difference from where it begins and where it ends. is there anyone that has put the clear bra over the remaining body of the car? is there any down side that you may have experienced?

i dont see any down side, especially with a black car where the clear bra (a) protects the paint and (b) hides much of the paint swirls we all try to diminish.

any feedback / comments / experience would be very much appreciated.
Paint protection film for the remaining parts of the car would be dependent on the use of your vehicle. Some of our clients do it because they know they're going to drive the vehicle very often or if they are tracked heavily.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 08-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor
XPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the rough
Full Body Wrapping

I would tend to agree with the guys at Premier. It depends what you use the car for and what kind of car it is and what you use it for. Some cars are so rare or expensive that the car can be devalued when the paint is damaged. If you own an Enzo, Lambo SV, Bugatti or another exotic you want to make sure that you protect the paint whenever and wherever possible.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, the wrap on a Bugatti is much cheaper then repainting the car ($100+k).