997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Value of 2008 Mexico Blue 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
if you really want it, offer 69k and walk if they don't take it. It's a buyer's market and they know it and winter is coming and they have to pay fees to keep it on their lot...just my 0.02!

Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
henrysko will become famous soon enoughhenrysko will become famous soon enough
I agree around 70ish would be a great buy. I'd also ask for it to be CPO'd.

Now I do think it looks amazing in blue with the aero kit.

Best of luck!

Old 10-12-2010, 06:46 PM
EvoX to 997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dw.metro
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I spoke with a salesman at the dealer and he gave me the customary comment of: "We only had this car for two weeks and there really isn't a lot of room on the price except for maybe a couple of thousand dollars". Hardly motivating so it could be a bit of a waiting game...
Sounds like he made the mistake of mentioning numbers before you did, I would say offer him mid to high 60s and, if needed, they can try to work you UP to $70k (as others have suggested) and mention the lack of desirable options such as full leather and sports chrono... oh yeah, and the economy!

I offer this advice only as a relatively competent car buyer, but with no Porsche buying experience. So if what I suggested doesnt hold as much as weight as implied let me know ... as I will be in this position sometime next year.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:59 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
There is a high probability my next p-car will be Mexico Blue, I have never seen a picture doing this color justice when seen in real life at sunset or sundown... And it is already a beautiful color in pictures.

That being said, "what is a fair price?" is a very subjective question; wild color cars are really subjected to two opposing forces in the Porsche buyer's universe: on one hand you have bargain hunters that think because it is a wild color, they can get the car for cheaper, and on the other hand, you have the more eclectic crowd that really like it and think it is a value added element to the car (I went beyond my original budget when I saw my car). Looking at resale prices, it looks like very often, the first group is winning - from my research, silver, black, and white, are the colors that resell with the best prices.

For this particular car, I personally believe this is a fair price for a dealer add but, like with any such add, this also implies that there is some wiggle room in the price. A large part of the perceived value to you depends on the options; if you were to order a brand new C2 bare with paint to sample Mexico Blue, this car may not have that much interest with all the options, but if you would order something somewhat similar, this is not a bad deal. That being said, the car is fairly well optioned for someone who like a "sportier" setup and things like the Aerokit, Alcantara bits, and paint to sample were big ticket items adding to the original list price. The only thing missing IMHO would be sport chrono, just for the throttle mappings - but that can be added for a fairly low cost.

Given that some 2009 C2 are now showing up in the 60's (2009 w/DFI is preddy much the equivalent of Pre-2009 C2S), the dealer is probably getting offers from bargain hunters in the high 50's and low 60's for this car. Since you seem to appreciate the color and it is very low mileage car, I would go in at around 68K and see if they would CPO it for me.

Good luck with your purchase and welcome to the "eclectic" color club .

T.

P.S.: The dealer add says the car has Navigation but the options list doesn't reflect that.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:21 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
isn't this the same color that is available on the new Speedster? they look the same to me.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
That car is hot. It will not be there long. They know it so take the 2 k move offer them $70800.00 bet they take it then go drive and enjoy.

Love the color that was my next choice for my PTS on my Turbo S the more I see it the more I have doubts if I made right color choice.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Color is very unique and it looks good with the side insignia and aerokit. You could do better pricewise but who knows when you will come across this color in a C2S with manual and a nice list of options at under 3K miles? Offer 70K, have them throw in CPO, make sure the PPI is clean and call it a day. That ride will look sick cruising through Stanley Park.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Tough question .
I happen to love Mexico Blue and have stated it many times.

With the special order color ,aerokit, and low miles --it's a unique car but that doesn't mean its worth 74K because for another 40K one can order a Gt3 and have the same color, aerokit, full warranty, 3 years newer, more power .

Questions and comments--
What surprises me is that someone went through the trouble of ordering that car :
1) only to get tired of it rather quickly. No?
2) I also notice that the free carfax usually given at dealership sites is omitted but on the auto trader side it does say "100 percent carfax guaranteed" - what exactly does that mean ?
3) I counted 6 cars which are "certified" on their site --but not this one --Why ?

Before even thinking about price more info is needed to determine if this car is just pretty or the real deal.

Request
1) a DME scan
2) certified status
3) carfax

With all this -- 68K .
My guess is they will let you walk .

Old 10-13-2010, 01:27 AM
whitecoupe is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dw.metro
My wife and I saw the most beautiful Mexico Blue Porsche 997 Turbo two weekends ago here in Vancouver...
Could it be this one? I personally LOVE the color!

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/997-996-turbo/48236-you-guys-will-like-one-riviera-blue-997tt.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-17-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: active link to another forum
Old 10-13-2010, 08:21 AM
dw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud of
Yes, this is the Vancouver car we saw that inspired me to take a run at the Mexico Blue 997S in Chicago. This car and especially the colour looks even more stunning in real life. As this car is Riviera Blue others have mentioned that there is not much difference between this and Mexico Blue. My wife is an artist and is totally into colours. She is not a car person whatsoever but when she saw this Porsche she said we must get one!

Old 10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
997 c2-b is on a distinguished road
This car is quite possibly the most beautiful Porsche 997 that i have seen. I would sell my soul to the devil to get this car right now.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:48 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gj325
That car is hot. It will not be there long. They know it so take the 2 k move offer them $70800.00 bet they take it then go drive and enjoy.

Love the color that was my next choice for my PTS on my Turbo S the more I see it the more I have doubts if I made right color choice.
and when is it supposed to arrive??? I am coming to see it in person!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:37 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I love Mexico Blue... I actually think in real life its value should be less that say a silver car given the actual demand for this hue.

FYI, my local dealer in SD had a 2008 997 C4S sitting in its show room for close to a year. It was well over 20K below MSRP by the time it sold.

Jason

Old 10-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Salespunk is on a distinguished road
That C4S is now back at Pioneer and for sale again.

They are asking quite a premium for that color on the Chicago car. There are two .2's Carrera S's on there for the same price.

Last edited by Salespunk; 10-13-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
IMO, paint-to-sample cars are only worth the premium to the original owner that specced (and paid for) the PTS cost... and maybe to a secondary buyer that loves the color.

On the secondary sales market, a color is a color is a color. To each their own; colors are very subjective things.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Value of 2008 Mexico Blue 997S