997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Clearbra issues - Need removal issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:44 PM
sphinz will become famous soon enoughsphinz will become famous soon enough
Clearbra issues - Need removal issues

I've had my clearbra on the car for over two years, and I've noticed that there are small bubbling type marks on the side mirrors, and it is also peeling on one corner on the front bumper. The car is extremely low mileage (10k), and is garaged 100% of the time, so I am not too happy about it.

I want to remove the clear bra, but I have a couple questions in doing so. Should I be concerned about paint mis-match between the clear bra'd and non-protected area? Are there any things that I need to be aware and cautious of with the removal? I won't be doing it myself of course, but I want to know what to look out for.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:58 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
You should not see any fading with the clearbra. It is generally resistant to this. The only thing you might "see" is a different type of water-resistance, for a while. Kind of like how you can see where your wipers sweep on a windshield. It will wear-off.

As for removal, if it's a 3M Clear Bra, use a hair dryer. Trust me, if you take it to installer for a simple removal (and not replacement) they will happily take your money but you could do it yourself.

3M Clear Bra's (and most others) come off easily with a hair dryer. Especially if it's already pulling up.

Last edited by KK Moto; 10-13-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:35 PM
7Speed is on a distinguished road
Do it Yourself... Don't worry

Old 10-13-2010, 07:58 PM
sphinz will become famous soon enoughsphinz will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the tips guys. I did some searching, but couldn't find a DIY. Otherwise, would you mind providing some more insight as to how to remove it?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
I think I saw a video somewhere that all you have to do is pull toward you, not away from, starting at one corner working toward the other corner.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:56 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
sometimes, portions of clear bra that "bubble" in small areas, can be saved with a slight pinhole. Also, some areas that are peeling- if it is only a very small section, can simply be cut away. Also, most reliable instal shops will guarantee the install and replace the panel/area that needs replacing.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:08 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jolly
Thanks for the tips guys. I did some searching, but couldn't find a DIY. Otherwise, would you mind providing some more insight as to how to remove it?
Apply heat, pull