997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Should I be Waxing my wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
mathfuzzy is on a distinguished road
To those of you who are waxing your wheels - what do you clean them with when you wash them? I'm using P21S gel and wondering if it would strip the wax right back off of them.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
To those of you who are waxing your wheels - what do you clean them with when you wash them? I'm using P21S gel and wondering if it would strip the wax right back off of them.
I use P21S as well. This is a guess, but I would imagine it is like when you wash your car. A little wax comes off each time you wash your car. I don't wax my wheels every time I wash the car, but maybe someone else knows more.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:36 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I clean with that Griotts cleaner, then wax them always - makes then much easier to keep nice and so much of the wheel shows - just not right any other way.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:18 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
I use the Porsche wheel cleaner which is probably P21S. I get it at a reasonable price from Sunset.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:36 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Training the kids young....!
Oh man....STOP it already.......I am getting misty eyed again!......
You are a GREAT parent...teaching your kids YOUNG that EVERYTHING needs to be cleaned and taken care of,congrats,LOL!

Stacy

Stacy

u OCD is coming out! ROFL

Jim

Old 12-08-2010, 05:04 AM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Soap and water is all that is needed if wheels are waxed. May use Sonex or P21S when cleaning and I plan to reapply wax.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:10 AM
Boatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to all
P21S and Rejex for me here in the Northeast. It really keeps the wheels looking nice and brake dust definitely doesn't seem to adhere as easily. Another easy, inexpensive, one-beer car-bonding experience with no downside

Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
Use "STARBRITE PREMIUM MARINE POLISH BOAT WAX WITH PTEF"

Easy to use - just wipe on, let dry, wipe off & it leaves a super-smooth, durable, no-stick coating that repels brake dust, dirt grime and stains.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:12 AM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Cleaned waxed and in hibernation till spring.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
For those using a combination of Rejex and wax, in what order do you apply these?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:20 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
For those using a combination of Rejex and wax, in what order do you apply these?
Rejex or wax, not both.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:56 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JEllis
Wheel Wax is the ish! I would also recommend removing the wheels every six months or so and washing the inside. After a while a lot of gunk will build up in there and it will get on everything when you drive in the rain.

Jason
Although the look is number 1....the other reason I love 5 spoke wheels is because I can clean the inside and backside of the wheel easily.

As for waxing, more than should you need to wax or seal them. I didn't do it on one set I owned and they looked terrible after a year.
Wheels take a lot of abuse being so close to the road. They are constantly bombarded with dirt and small debris. They need to be protected as much as possible.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by justatoy
All I can reply IS......Ynot wax them.....!

Stacy
Because its a PITA? I've had BBS and Champion wheels on the road now for 8 years and 50K miles and have never had to do more then wash them and occasionally use a spot of tar remover. The finish has held up for me without much fuss. Now that pothole I hit at 75 on the pkwy this fall...

Old 12-12-2010, 09:51 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I have Carrera Classics and I believe they're just painted GT Silver. Since they're painted, should I be waxing them just like the car?
I doesn't hurt to do this and it can help when washing them off. However the wax, Rejex or any poly sealer will not stay on the wheel as the brakes heat up and the wheel heats up under hard driving like at the track. So if you casually drive your car on the street you will never ever even use 50% of the brakes on this car so the wax may stay on for a few washes adn miles.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:35 PM
OmegaMan will become famous soon enoughOmegaMan will become famous soon enough
I use Rejex on the painted wheels on my Z06. That car is leaves huge amounts of brake dust, even after a few miles.

Rejex 2 times a year will make clean up much easier.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I be Waxing my wheels?