997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Should I be Waxing my wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Should I be Waxing my wheels?

I have Carrera Classics and I believe they're just painted GT Silver. Since they're painted, should I be waxing them just like the car?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:01 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Definitely wax or seal them.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I sealed my P40's with rejex, and its made them much easier to keep clean. You have to keep re-sealing them though, as the heat breaks down the wax.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
If you have the time, it will keep the paint works protected....

-Eli

Old 12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I have Carrera Classics and I believe they're just painted GT Silver. Since they're painted, should I be waxing them just like the car?
Brings tears of happiness to my eyes thinking that you even thought about waxing your wheels.......
Love when people get this fanatical with their cars!

OH YES wax them!

Stacy

Old 12-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Brings tears of happiness to my eyes thinking that you even thought about waxing your wheels.......

OH YES wax them!

Stacy
I've thought about waxing it but haven't really done it, does that count.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
I've thought about waxing it but haven't really done it, does that count.
All I can reply IS......Ynot wax them.....!

Stacy

Old 12-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by justatoy

OH YES wax them!

Stacy
Brings tears to my wife's eyes as well :-)
At least I get the kids to help so she gets a
break every other weekend. The kids get to wash the tires.
And they know to never touch the paint.... ever!

Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Brings tears to my wife's eyes as well :-)
At least I get the kids to help so she gets a
break every other weekend. The kids get to wash the tires.
And they know to never touch the paint.... ever!
Training the kids young....!
Oh man....STOP it already.......I am getting misty eyed again!......
You are a GREAT parent...teaching your kids YOUNG that EVERYTHING needs to be cleaned and taken care of,congrats,LOL!

Stacy

Old 12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Yes, you should wax them. I use a product called Wheel Wax.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Changing this weekend to winter set, will clean and wax summer setup before storage. I wax wheels once a month or so when on the car as well. I use Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Wax, which brings a tear to my wallet, lol.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:08 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Wheel Wax is the ish! I would also recommend removing the wheels every six months or so and washing the inside. After a while a lot of gunk will build up in there and it will get on everything when you drive in the rain.

Jason

Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JEllis
Wheel Wax is the ish! I would also recommend removing the wheels every six months or so and washing the inside. After a while a lot of gunk will build up in there and it will get on everything when you drive in the rain.

Jason
I second this.. thought it was extreme until I did it and wow, what a difference!

Attached Images  

Last edited by michaeldantep; 12-07-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of

Yep, it sounds crazy but after I waxed my wheels the dust almost sprays off. I figured if I polish my truck wheels, I should wax my daily driver car wheels. “its only fair”

Old 12-07-2010, 08:44 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Yes. I use either Klasse Sealant Glaze or Rejex.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I be Waxing my wheels?