997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2 New Porsches in 1 year - Glutenous?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 07:14 AM
PRS 7 is on a distinguished road
De-badge for looks? Yes.
De-badge to hopefully hide the fact that it is a Porsche? No.

You could always sell em' all and get his and hers Priuse's (sp?) so you could fall in line with the rest of the sheep.

In all seriousness, I hear and understand what you are thinking but in the end your personal happiness is ALL that matters.

1 ticket. 1 ride. Then it's over. Enjoy the ride your ticket has enabled you to take.

As John Wayne said. "Don't let the bastards get you down"

My thoughts anyway.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:46 AM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
what's the great deal??

Old 12-11-2010, 08:01 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
Do it!!!!!
I am gonna do it and just wish for the best .. should sign everything today. There is a Targa with the same deal as the Cab4S just no park distance control, silver seat belts, or head crests (not important options to me). I am thinking of trying something different (its a 2 year lease) - never owned a Targa type vehicle. I know its neither a coupe or a cab but I kind of like fact that its a bit confused and very rare.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:02 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PRS 7

As John Wayne said. "Don't let the bastards get you down"

My thoughts anyway.

Nice!

Old 12-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Myself would lean Targa between the two. You are in an area where the glass is of no real concern. While I love them for, as you mentioned, their uniqueness, here in Texas I can only imagine getting into that rascal in August.

Heck, May, June, July and September too.

What are the colors on the Targa? S?

Last edited by PRS 7; 12-11-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:10 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Just heard that the govt may raise estate taxes to 55% ... hmmm, i may think about a 1960's 911 and also get a license plate holder that says " my other car is a porsche"

Old 12-11-2010, 08:19 AM
PM sent.

It may or may not be of interest but I thought I would show you.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Ridleyguy is on a distinguished road
If you were set on getting a Cab, I would personally be hesitant switching to the Targa at the last minute, as I am assuming you thought about this choice a lot. The novelty of the Targa roof may wear off quickly, and make you wish next Spring/Summer, that you could put the top down. Just my 2 cents worth having thought a lot about this myself before I put in the order for my 2008 4S Coupe (I love the look!).

Old 12-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ridleyguy
If you were set on getting a Cab, I would personally be hesitant switching to the Targa at the last minute, as I am assuming you thought about this choice a lot. The novelty of the Targa roof may wear off quickly, and make you wish next Spring/Summer, that you could put the top down. Just my 2 cents worth having thought a lot about this myself before I put in the order for my 2008 4S Coupe (I love the look!).
My dealer says the same thing. Its just that I have always wanted a Targa from the beginning of time - its just so sexy, I can't explain it. The dealer is the one that pushed me to a CAB saying its just not the same in a Targa. He even drove me around in Targa to show me what he meant... yes I agree, the CAB is the way to go, but between the pool, my bike, not to mention Golf I think I get enough open sun. For 24 months its worth a try. Who knows this may be the last generation of Targa there will always be plenty of Cabs.

Will update you guys in the evening on what happens. Seeing dealer soon.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Ridleyguy is on a distinguished road
I didn't know that you had wanted the Targa first, so yes, I would go with that. I also agree with you about the Cab/sun issue. Actually, as the 911 is a small car, even the Coupe with the sunroof open and windows down feels very open. Anyway, best of luck at the Dealer!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:58 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Targa 4S all the way, just make sure your business partner doesn't think you are trying to trump him. Hahahahaha....;-p

Pix or banned for life....

Old 12-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mseligson
The fact that you're still in business with your partner after 10 years, and still seem to think of him fondly, justifies any type of purchase you desire. I say buy a Panamera too.
And now you guys need to talk to your accountant about writing off track days
as team building exercise.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Abdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the rough
Here is my most humble opinion on the matter: Do what you CAN do, and do what makes YOU Happy.
If you have the means, then go for it. I, for one, stopped caring LONG ago about what anyone thinks of me, especially if others' opinions of me are based on my appearance or material acquisitions.
The way I see it, your true friends will be genuinely happy for you, and those who criticize (for whatever reason) are just showing their envy. Again, other people's opinions should not matter, unless they are paying for the car!
I LOVE PORSCHES. I am THRILLED to be driving the car of my dreams. I used to drive an Infinity M35. Very nice, but NOBODY raised an eyebrow or made "judgements" when I was in the Infinity. I get LOTS of looks and the occasional "sly comment" now that I have a 997. It really does not matter to me. I have many friends who make WAY less than I do who also drive Porsches, some have more than one siting in their garage. They save up for their cars, do the research, and take great care to preserve their fine automobiles. Although it may be true that Porsches are generally perceived by the public at large to be a "status symbol" or sometimes too "flashy", this should not discourage you from acquiring the car, or two of them, if you truly like the cars.
Again, I say get the car, keep the badges on it, enjoy the ride and don't be driven by what other folks may or may not think. And never explain your actions to anyone that does not matter. As my mother once told me, "Explanations are useless. Your friends won't need them, and your enemies won't believe them!"

Abdon

Old 12-11-2010, 11:11 AM
^+1 Valuable Words..

Coming from a very humble background always taught to keep his/our frivolous expressions of joy and happiness to minimum I am constantly fighting in myself to enjoy life while being careful not smear it into someone's face (not to mention my 65 employees). Off to the dealer now. Update you guys later.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
aisthetes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uhn2000
^+1 Valuable Words..

Coming from a very humble background always taught to keep his/our frivolous expressions of joy and happiness to minimum I am constantly fighting in myself to enjoy life while being careful not smear it into someone's face (not to mention my 65 employees). Off to the dealer now. Update you guys later.
Can completely relate. Ultimately, it's your life to live, and no one else's. I'm another BMW guy that's been a Porsche fan from the sidelines. My buddy just picked up a mint '06 CPO C4S that has me on the ropes! Looking forward to reading/seeing how it worked out for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2 New Porsches in 1 year - Glutenous?