997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2 New Porsches in 1 year - Glutenous?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Just got back home. Deal is done - I just looked and looked at it .. kept smiling forever. I can't tell you the amount of attention the ride gets in the showroom. Now I just need to figure out how to tell the wife. I just picked her up from her work Christmas party - she was buzzed and happy, was going to try and slip it in. I think I will just pull up and pick her up when I get it.

Targa4S 6speed
Arctic Silver Metallic (looks amazing with the glass roof)

XXB - Outer Door-sill Guards SS*
XES - Illuminated Door Sill Guards -
541 - Seat Ventilation*
421 - 19" Turbo II Wheel*
844 - Multi-fnctn Strng Whl-Lthr*
P15 - Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
870 - Universal Audio Interface*
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors*
672 - Navigation Module for PCM*
640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus*
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface*
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights*
446 - Wheel Caps with Colored Crest*
345 - Heated Steering Wheel*
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color*
(adding XM Radio) - all I listen to...

Pictures to come when I pick it up. Thanks everyone for your support and will let you know how it goes.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:41 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Looks like I am late to this thread but congrats on the new car !!!!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 02:34 AM
rkuo is on a distinguished road
Is it just me or am I seeing a lot more Targa owners in this forum? Nice choice!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 02:51 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Just got back home. Deal is done - I just looked and looked at it .. kept smiling forever. I can't tell you the amount of attention the ride gets in the showroom. Now I just need to figure out how to tell the wife. I just picked her up from her work Christmas party - she was buzzed and happy, was going to try and slip it in. I think I will just pull up and pick her up when I get it.
I wish she could talk to my wife. We've had five heart attacks and three strokes between us. She can't drive anymore, but when I suggested we just buy a Mercedes or some other tame sedan this time, she wouldn't hear of it. Roughly speaking, her answer was that we're not robbing anybody down the line and what the hell else did we work all those years for if not to enjoy our retirement as long as we can.

When we'd been in our business about as long as you have, I bought her an NSX so I couldn't fault her logic you understand.

Enjoy it. Congratulations.

Gary

Old 12-12-2010, 05:52 AM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
sagtellite radio may be an issue to add at this point

Old 12-12-2010, 06:47 AM
PRS 7 is on a distinguished road
Golf clap.

The trim piece next to the Artic Silver looks amazing.
I may be biased to silver or white cars though.

Now go make wifey a Mimosa.

pics asap.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:51 AM
PRS 7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by simsgw
I wish she could talk to my wife. We've had five heart attacks and three strokes between us. She can't drive anymore, but when I suggested we just buy a Mercedes or some other tame sedan this time, she wouldn't hear of it. Roughly speaking, her answer was that we're not robbing anybody down the line and what the hell else did we work all those years for if not to enjoy our retirement as long as we can.

When we'd been in our business about as long as you have, I bought her an NSX so I couldn't fault her logic you understand.

Gary
You guy's hang in there and enjoy the toys but mainly each other.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:10 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by simsgw

Gary
Thank you, enjoy and take care of yourselves!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PRS 7
You guy's hang in there and enjoy the toys but mainly each other.
Always. That's what keeps it working.

G

Old 12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rkuo
Is it just me or am I seeing a lot more Targa owners in this forum? Nice choice!!!
I had the same thought. When I had mine, which I sold a year ago, it seemed everyone was down on them. Now they are the latest craze. Kind of wish I still had it now, but don't regret having my cab on days like today here in SoCal (about 80 F).
Congrats to the OP. It is such a Canadian thing to deal with people who look down on successful people. Glad you did something nice for yourself. Maybe your friends will learn from your example.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by MSCHWA3439
sagtellite radio may be an issue to add at this point
So I just found out .. its ok.. I spoke to NAV-TV and they are working on something. Soon

Old 12-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Rascus is on a distinguished road
uhn, glad to see you did it!

The wife and I are in a very similar situation. We are in humble stature now but here soon we'll able to purchase the cars we want. I am planning on picking up a TT and the wife initially wanted a boxster spyder but now wants a turbo. We had also thrown around the idea of an Panamera for a family vehicle.

We had to sit down and think if 3 was going to be too many and if we were going to look "flashy" for our new neighbors (we're moving too). Her thought was, we earned this money and we shouldn't give a damn what others thinks because they didn't earn the money, we did.

We have since killed the panamera idea but will still go with his and her turbos.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new car!

I have some similar feelings personally about cars and how people will perceive it. I have 4 cars as a single dad. A 996 Turbo, G550, '77 Ford pickup heavily modded for off-roading, and a modified STi (soon to go bye bye due to a blown engine). I have to ask myself "Why does one person need 4 cars?" But I work hard and play hard and love cars, so who cares what other people think!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Rascus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
Congrats on the new car!

I have some similar feelings personally about cars and how people will perceive it. I have 4 cars as a single dad. A 996 Turbo, G550, '77 Ford pickup heavily modded for off-roading, and a modified STi (soon to go bye bye due to a blown engine). I have to ask myself "Why does one person need 4 cars?" But I work hard and play hard and love cars, so who cares what other people think!
Not to thread jack, but I'd like to see some photos of that 77. I have an 74 International Scout I'm currently restoring.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:15 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Uhn....just do this. Take her out to a nice dinner, get her liquored up, then when you go to get the car at valet ( just have it parked up front, not driven by those fools) surprise her there. Go to dinner in the DD, original car, then have a buddy swap out the cars for you. May seem a little complex, but would be great if you could pull it off.....ladies get all sappy for things like that.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2 New Porsches in 1 year - Glutenous?