997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 02:03 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
Aftermarket exhaust

Has anybody installed a Porsche Sports Exhaust after taking delivery of the car?

I am thinking about, but not sure if it is the best one for the price. Just the exhaust will cost 3T, not including the labor.

Ive seen Fabspeed on you tube and their sound seems ok also. Probably I want something ON all the time anyway.

Any suggestions what members use most commonly.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:07 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Has anybody installed a Porsche Sports Exhaust after taking delivery of the car?

I am thinking about, but not sure if it is the best one for the price. Just the exhaust will cost 3T, not including the labor.

Ive seen Fabspeed on you tube and their sound seems ok also. Probably I want something ON all the time anyway.

Any suggestions what members use most commonly.
replace stock cats with 200 cell ones (cheapest you`ll find) and forget about exhaust.
i run fabspeed x-pipe and it works fine. AWE would probably work same way. PSE is a wsate of money and extra weight.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Any idea if this would void CPO warranty?

Old 12-17-2010, 02:20 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
This is a question for which I am sure many will have different opinions and no "real" answer on what is best.
Europipe, Evoms, Kreissieg, FabSpeed, etc...
I have tried to narrow it down myself but I think it comes down to hearing it and trying it out on someone that has one and deciding.
Sorry for the non-informative post
Maybe wiser minds will chime in and educate me as well.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:23 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Any idea if this would void CPO warranty?
usually not.
my service manager said me that they do not allow any alteration to headers as it directly affects pressure in the cylinders, cats are not as critical.
ECU flash is critical though.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:10 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Go Cargraphic sides and sharkwerks center bypass. Look no further

Old 12-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I put high flow sport cats on my 996 and the sound was just what I wanted. Not loud at all from idle to normal cruise speed. Open it up and it had a nice throaty sound. There was no drone.

I purchased them from Vivid but I can't remember the brand.

I think I may go the same route on my 09 CS.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:40 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
I got the AWE 200 cel cats with fabspeed bypass pipes and LOVE the sound.. oh and I tossed on some X-51 headers too, you can get them for a great price.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:32 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
do a search for "gundo hack" in this forum. it is a cheap and effective method of re-creating the PSE sound at a fraction of the price, especially since you'll have it ON all the time.

i tried fabspeed first and am now running gundo mufflers, which i like, but are not loud enough for my taste (most people who've installed them love them though, as you'll see in the past threads). that said, imo, you are rolling the dice if you go by the videos alone. they can be very misleading. volume ("loud" or not) especially seems to be in the ears of the beholder. that's the mistake i made and why i'm now trying hard to find someone in nyc area whose setup i can listen to before my third attempt at the perfect exhaust sound.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I have to find a shop at Dallas or forth worth. Any member from Texas?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:44 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I ordered the sharkwerks piece and will let you know how it goes when installed.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:58 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I see that a few posted who have 2009 and 2010 cars but his signature shows a 2008 C2 . The engines and exhausts are very diffrent for the 997.1 (his car) and 997.2 (09-present) .

In my 2007 C2S I also considered just as you . Then I saw this .. loved it !!! Bought it and then got this idea about a Turbo and traded the car .
What i liked about the Tubi /F77 was that the quality of the parts along with the exhaust sound made such a nice compliment to the car. It had a nice growl yet the cabin as well as exterior was ideal for daily driving .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMWLpdVrhWU

Old 12-18-2010, 12:06 PM
PeterPorscher9 is infamous around these parts
FabSpeed

I purchase a used FabSpeed for my 2008 Carrera from this forum at a fraction of OEM. I am happy with slight power boost and sound. It's a personal thing.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uhn2000
I ordered the sharkwerks piece and will let you know how it goes when installed.
Thank you and hope you enjoy!

Old 12-18-2010, 04:37 PM
DocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud of
I have to find a shop at Dallas or forth worth. Any member from Texas?
I used Fifth Gear Motorsports in Lewisville to do a Gundo Hack with a 2" pipe. The sound is better- maybe a little loud for some. With the new air intake it really sings above 5K rpm.

Here is a video of pre and post- people are right when they say a video is not the same as hearing it for yourself but it is a start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1_O7..._order&list=UL

Here is the link to Fifth Gear: http://www.fifthgear.biz/shoptour.html

I really like the shop- they do a really good job and really seem to have a lot of experience with Porsche. Talk to Rick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhaust