997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Amazing sounding exhaust...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:35 AM
vraxinus will become famous soon enoughvraxinus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by J.Seven
One last question. Does the blips while downshifting became more prenounced with new exhaust? From your video it seem it does. With the stock exhaust blips are almost unnoticeble, only way to hear very well the blip on downshifts with stock exhaust is to brake and keep the right foot on the accelaration paddle, I love to do it.

A video on start up would be nice
brake and keep the right foot on the acceleration? That's going to damage the transmission and brakes right?

Old 07-17-2011, 10:49 AM
J.Seven is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vraxinus
brake and keep the right foot on the acceleration? That's going to damage the transmission and brakes right?
I just press one finger, maybe not even that, itīs just to keep the engine reving while downshifting itīs addictive and the blip sound itīs just amazing, but yes, if you donīt do it at all, might be better for transmission and clucth.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:35 PM
vraxinus will become famous soon enoughvraxinus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by horfun
No drone when valve open or close. Only difference is when windows up it's quiet even WOT, but if windows down the it's hell coming loose.

I cruise @ 90km on highway and. It's not noisy at all. My tyres makes more noise then exhaust. 305 p-zero.

Gains are really felt unless in sport mode. I drive 99% w/o sport mode even in spirited driving.

Cold start is like a 599 cold start similar v12 bark. once it's warmed up it's slightly louder.

i see that you changed headers, cat, bypass and all that. What if, we only change the muffler and bypass only? will it produce similar or the same sound?

for me personally, changing all of that and only gain 21 hp is not that impressive. But i'm sure it's cheaper rather than we change the exhaust, cat, headers alone or separately not from IPE. But sure sounds really nice!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:16 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
if you replace the PSE with this valvetronic, is it compatible with the PSE on/off button?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 AM
MotoRolla250 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wolfnards
if you replace the PSE with this valvetronic, is it compatible with the PSE on/off button?
I would assume so since they are both vacuum operated.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by PKing Fast
I love kicking the throttle in between down shifts on the PDK. I might look/sound like an retard doing it around town while coasting to stops, but god the sound is amazing. Even better if you have PSE and sport plus! It's a very smooth action, no jerkiness, just a great sound.I can't imagine it doing any harm to the transmission - anyone know?
Changing throttle input durring a computer controlled shift is probably not good for the transmission.

Edit: For PDK* (other dual clutch transmissions may be different)

Old 07-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by PKing Fast
I love kicking the throttle in between down shifts on the PDK. I might look/sound like an retard doing it around town while coasting to stops, but god the sound is amazing. Even better if you have PSE and sport plus! It's a very smooth action, no jerkiness, just a great sound.I can't imagine it doing any harm to the transmission - anyone know?
No you donīt sound a retarded at all, you just seem to know how to take the best out of this boy regarding sound. The blip sound is great great great, the 458 does the same blip without the need of pressing the throttle, but with PDK you need to press a bit in order to have it.
If I make it alot, after a while I star to smell clucth, so I believe itīs not the best thing for the clucth, for transmission thereīs no arm. Anyway you have to master it while doing it, if you press to much throttle it will smell, but if you just press a little it wont.
I ended up ordering the PSE which is already in my garage, will install it next week. I really canīt waite to hear the PSE on my Cab, reving up and down with it must be amanzing. Iīve heard from those who install it, from 5000rpm up it has a wonderful racing tone/sound, the waite is killing me

Last edited by J.Seven; 07-29-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Take a look at what arrived yesterday. More pics and video coming soon!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:15 PM
One more iPhone pic with all of the components laid out...

Old 08-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by MotoRolla250
Great looking exhaust, canīt waite to hear your first impressions. I ended up buying the PSE and will install it next Tuesday. I decided to keep with factory parts and what Iīve heard from those who made the upgrade itīs well worth it, but have to agree your exhaust is by far, the best one I ever heard on a 997.2, itīs just amazing. When are you going to install it? Keep us posted and congrats.

J.Seven

Last edited by J.Seven; 08-04-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
jdimaina is on a distinguished road
I like! My only hesitation with this type of mod is you already have a fair amount of engine and road noise in a cab (I have an '07 S). Is the new system noticeably louder with the windows up?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by J.Seven
Great looking exhaust, canīt waite to hear your first impressions. I ended up buying the PSE and will install it next Tuesday. I decided to keep with factory parts and what Iīve heard from those who made the upgrade itīs well worth it, but have to agree your exhaust is by far, the best one I ever heard on a 997.2, itīs just amazing. When are you going to install it? Keep us posted and congrats.

Will do. We will be installing it late next week.

J.Seven
Originally Posted by jdimaina
I like! My only hesitation with this type of mod is you already have a fair amount of engine and road noise in a cab (I have an '07 S). Is the new system noticeably louder with the windows up?
I have Innotech's full system on my M3. With the windows up and the valve closed, it sounds almost stock. I don't see why this will be any different.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MotoRolla250
looking forward to hearing about/seeing the install! do you have PSE? if so, i'm curious if the PSE button retains functionality with this.
cheers

Old 08-08-2011, 10:05 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Guys...I just got an email fro them pricing the complete system

DEEP pockets needed

Old 08-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Guys...I just got an email fro them pricing the complete system

DEEP pockets needed
Compare it to Kreissieg ($10,200 +shipping) and its a bargin!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Amazing sounding exhaust...