997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ordered a GTS from Downtown LA Porsche - Great Deal, Nice People

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:16 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdrums
Reeves has a black GTS on the floor for sale...call them and ask for Tom Heinz.
Nice, the limited limited edition GTS Black Edition

Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MSCHWA3439
The GTS was conceived to use up excess parts on the current 997.2 before the new 991 comes out. It is basically a marketing ploy.
This always sounds a bit odd to my ear, because it is said in a deprecating way. I've tried to figure out exactly which product of any sort in a free market is not a marketing 'ploy' if we insist on that slanted word. That's why we build products, so the market will demand them.

Not built to be sold... Hmmm. Possibly the homologation specials built for eligibility to run in a class that requires at least X examples be sold at retail before racing. Even there, most racing is itself for marketing purposes, so those are all built for marketing purposes as well, just one step removed. So we're down to the homogation models of the very few instances of a car manufacturer who sells at retail purely to support his racing habit. Enzo Ferrari comes to mind. I'll get back to you when I think of someone else.

As for "using up parts", we do have inventory management systems these days. Is there a notion floating around that the Porsche board decided on a whim to bring out the new model and all those people on the production side were caught by surprise?

I think people lucky enough to be ordering a GTS needn't concern themselves that it is some sort of "inventory reduction" special. Those grapes don't look sour to me. I'd buy one in a minute if I had the spare change.

Congratulations, UncleJosh.

Gary

Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 AM
signature65 is on a distinguished road
I never will understand why when someone is so stoked on thier new car/order there is always one guy out there who wants to ruin it for him.......

Congrats on the GTS, awesome car and a Limited Edition at that.....dont listen to the Haters.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:00 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by signature65
I never will understand why when someone is so stoked on thier new car/order there is always one guy out there who wants to ruin it for him.......

Congrats on the GTS, awesome car and a Limited Edition at that.....dont listen to the Haters.
I agree.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:13 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Allen is a good guy.

Congrats on a GTS !

IF Porsche is using "left over parts" like someone suggested.. they are at least using the BEST of the left over parts.

2WD in a widebody?? Unless u track, GT3 is not ideal for daily driver. The GTS, however, is a bargain for an awesome configuration.

Congrats again on a great car.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 PM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
Guys, thanks for the kind words.

Original intent was to help others.

Enjoy the process !

My Best

Old 02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unclejosh
Guys, thanks for the kind words.

Original intent was to help others.

Enjoy the process !

My Best
Congrats and enjoy the new ride!

Old 02-21-2011, 02:22 AM
crackberry005 will become famous soon enough
thanks to the op for posting. in a yr or 2 when im looking for a new 991s, ill def check out downtown la. i would have thought that they were going to rip me off since they are located in la, but im glad they are decent and easy to work with. more options on dealerships is always a plus for me.