997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How much more anal can I get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
How much more **** can I get?

I know I am obsessed about every aspect of my car. Outside of driving, hand washing my car is one of my favorite activities....I can think, I don't have to talk to anyone, just rub my hands along the lines of this timeless machine (my wife is jealous). However, I cringe everytime I shoot water down the tailpipes so finally I came up with a way to prevent water in my exhaust system so click on the thumbnail below...tennis ***** for exahaust plugs...when I am done washing I just grab the rope and pull. Now if that ain't ****, I don't know what is.

Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Market Top is on a distinguished road
What an awesome idea! I don't have a 911 (again) yet but it will work well on my current car - I worry about the same thing every time I wash.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:13 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
What happens when some water gets into those pipes ?

Old 02-13-2011, 01:25 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Start the car and blow it out!!

Old 02-13-2011, 02:02 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
I worry about corrosion...I travel a bit so before I go on a trip I wash my car and then cover it. I worry that the water just sits there.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:18 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
What happens when some water gets into those pipes ?
Nothing. It will be jettisoned when you drive it after washing - which everyone should do anyway to dry/polish brake rotors.

Besides... who in his right mind squirts water horizontally aiming directly the exhaust tips?

Second besides... don't hose the car when washing... use the Optimum No Rinse method.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 PM
gregporsche will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lowpue
I worry about corrosion...I travel a bit so before I go on a trip I wash my car and then cover it. I worry that the water just sits there.
awesome, great idea...

Old 02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
Nothing. It will be jettisoned when you drive it after washing - which everyone should do anyway to dry/polish brake rotors.

Besides... who in his right mind squirts water horizontally aiming directly the exhaust tips?

Second besides... don't hose the car when washing... use the Optimum No Rinse method.
ONR is the way to go.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by adias

Second besides... don't hose the car when washing... use the Optimum No Rinse Method.
+1 Thanks for the pointer Adias. Definitely need to try ONR at some point...Here in Seattle it looks like the right thing to do for summer. However, I am old school (lotsa water) and in the winter when the car gets grimey, I worry about scratching the paint...is that not an issue with Road salt and sand using ONR?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:27 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
There's a fine line between genius and insanity.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lowpue
+1 Thanks for the pointer Adias. Definitely need to try ONR at some point...Here in Seattle it looks like the right thing to do for summer. However, I am old school (lotsa water) and in the winter when the car gets grimey, I worry about scratching the paint...is that not an issue with Road salt and sand using ONR?
ONR is a lubricant soap (2 capfuls/2 gallons) and does not scratch anything. If your car is not washed in 3 months and is full of grime use a hose first for a quick pre-rinse. That's all. I just washed my DD with ONR this afternoon - 20 minutes and I was done.

Road salt is a different issue - I would take it to a self-serve wash with strong jets and rinse the car thoroughly first, especially wheel wells and undercarriage, then ONR.

Last edited by adias; 02-13-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by sizquik
There's a fine line between genius and insanity.
Yeah, and the problem is figuring out which side of line we're on.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:22 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
+ 1 for Adias's follow-up post on not using ONR when there is too much salt/road grime without thorough pre-rinse.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
+ 1 for Adias's follow-up post on not using ONR when there is too much salt/road grime without thorough pre-rinse.
Yeah I agree....always looking for new ideas on how to clean my car fast. However, for the high pressure salt cleaning...my crazy tennis ball invention will work perfect

Old 02-13-2011, 06:38 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
call me crazy but I just use a drive thru

wash. If I have time to wash it, I would rather use that time driving it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much more anal can I get?