997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Forgeline GA3 Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Forgeline GA3 Installed

New Forgeline GA3s installed this week, 19x8.5 and 19x11.5 with stepped lips. Next is a set of set of Michelin Super Sports (when available), Sachs coilovers and an FVD exhaust.

It currently has a bit of a 4 wheel drive look.

Attached Images      

Last edited by Alan C.; 03-03-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Thats a great wheel. And light too! Great company and very nice choice.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:15 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
i like that wheel style. but a little nitpicking opinion, if i may. youre right it does look a bit "4x4". but they also look...hmm, like 18's or something. i dont know what it is, maybe the camera/lighting/angle, maybe the color contrast between car/tire/rim? or maybe it's just the normal fender gap giving the impression? ?? but whatever it is, for some reason they look smaller than other 19in wheel combos i have seen.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing wrong with your eyes. When I decided to go with the stepped wheels Dave Schardt of Forgeline told me they would look smaller with the car at standard height. He also said the look would change if I lowered it. Since I will lower it I wasn't too worried.

The other thing you touched on is the shadow/lighting of the wheel arches. Depending on the lighting it can make the gap look larger or smaller. Also, the center for the stepped lip has to be smaller than a flat lip wheel. It is near the size of an 18" center.

All said they look much better in person.

Thanks for your comments.