997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pre-owned 997 4S price? About to go to war at the dealer tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 08:54 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
You start a thread by stating "your going to war with the dealer"...and we are suppose to take you seriously.

On the internet everyone has money...good for you.

enjoy your new purchase...

Old 03-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ChrisKaze
You inspired me to take my state farm check for 16k to the dealer, and another 5k in a little envelope Maybe they will treat me more seriously.
They will certainly take you *very* seriously, Porsche dealers never see high rollers with $16,000 checks!

Originally Posted by ChrisKaze
He already agreed on 46k so my 43k dosent seem that absurd now does it? Keep in mind he originally wanted 56k for it.
Sure, 43 is close to 46. And 40 is close to 43. So why wouldn't he take 40 then? And if he'd take 40, 37 is pretty close to that, so I'm sure he'd take that. Your logic is flawless.

As others have pointed out, you are low balling everyone. Dealers are not going to sell a car for a loss. If you go in with a low ball offer, they will not even negotiate with you, which is clearly what you are experiencing. However, if you go in with a reasonable offer, you will be able to come to a deal that works for both parties.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 AM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
Oh...to be young again.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
This is the reason why I don't sell my car privately. Unfortunately there are buyers that want to pay X minus 10-20-30% less than reasonable value....... it's part of the game.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:01 AM
away will become famous soon enough
To the OP: My advice would be wait a year or so until the cars fall into your price range. There's no harm in that. In the meantime you're only wasting your and the dealers time browbeating them on prices they aren't going to sell for.

Everyone has a price point and surely everyone wants a good deal, but the market sets the prices and you can't just go about naming your own. You are but one buyer in a sea of many and it sounds like they can afford to wait for the next one.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
To OP - shop around and be wise. No one get a medal for overpaying, at same time you have to be realistic on what those cars do cost. it has to be a reasonable compromise, as usual.

PS. mooty on rennlist racing forum swears he can find a nice low miles 996 gt3 car for $55K - you can PM him about this if you want to consider 996 gt3 car.

Last edited by utkinpol; 03-18-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 AM
ChrisKaze is infamous around these parts
Well to conclude this thrilling tale please refer to;
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...y-new-car.html

You know whats funny? I had a dream about a WHITE GT3, and me picking it up from this big nameless dealer. In the dream I had a ticket in my hand it was like number 234 or something, and I waited for like 5 hours in a room kind of like at a packed DPS office until they called me. They brought the car out and I gave them a check, and they said this car is sold AS IS so take a look at it long and hard because once you drive off its not the dealers problem anymore. I was inspecting the car and noticed the front fender was cracked. And the rest of my dream was me telling my friend my theories on how the fender got cracked. This was 12 hours before I woke up, and picked up my new CLS from the dealer. Hum...

Anyways thanks to all the ppl that gave me their advice!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 AM
angcrazy is on a distinguished road
ChrisKaze
The manheim wholesale on that car for the last month with about 22k miles ranges from 47k-52k. Of course the condition of the 6 cars that sold went from "Avg" to "above avgerage". And who knows of they have any paintwork. With respect to Porsche Certifying the car. It costs the dealer $2300.00 and is well worth it. So if the car has no paint work and if they certify it as a CPO then $52k is a good deal.
Ang

Old 03-26-2011, 08:42 AM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
settling sucks

Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Future997 is on a distinguished road
Wtf?!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:56 AM
12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold
got my C2s / 2007 for 60k ,,with 11k miles , warranty til 11 / 2013

Old 03-27-2011, 11:15 AM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
Whew - that was close!

Old 03-27-2011, 12:10 PM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
Boy was I wrong

When I started reading this thread I was under the impression the OP wanted a sports car. I couldn't have been further from the truth. First I've heard of shopping sports cars and coming home with a huge mass of luxury. WTF?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:12 PM
FatArse will become famous soon enoughFatArse will become famous soon enough
The buyer always has the leverage...there are dozens of other 07 997's on the market, but how many potential buyers does this dealer have looking to drop $50k+?

Old 03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I have a client that wanted a 997 cab for a set price. He went to several bay area dealers and talked with them. They all laughed at his offer but he tOld them that's what he had and when something came in to call him. 6 months later he got a call and a car. He's had nothing but problems with it and in the end spent more than I did because if this. Find the car you want and pay a fair price instead of finding the price you want and fitting a car into that. If your budget is limiting your options you need to reevaluate the purchase. I suspect in a year or so after the 991 comes out there will be more choices of 997 cars out there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pre-owned 997 4S price? About to go to war at the dealer tomorrow...