997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Porsche Racing Green

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:29 PM
cfos is on a distinguished road
As others have said, if you like the color I say get it. Personally, I don't necessarily worry about resale value. Of course, I drive my 911 in the rain and snow, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:16 PM
sclemmons is on a distinguished road
I love the color. Malachite as I recall. I built my own in that color, but bought the used black one with the power kit.

I love any green and hate any blue.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
crackberry005 will become famous soon enough
my family has had a green car since i was born, so i have a slight predilection for green cars to say the least.

i really hope they bring porsche racing green back on the 991 as a standard metallic color. i saw one whizzing by me in vegas, and i was blown away. i personally dont think its a color that is understated or muted. no offense, as color is the most subjective aspect of any car, but i believe those titles go to black, white, and grays (maybe some silvers too). PGR is a very sophisticated color that draws a lot of attention. and by that coupled with other reactions that members have mentioned here, there is no doubt in my mind that PGR is not a muted color. i just really hope that PGR wont be a special color for much longer because i wouldnt want to pay a huge premium for a color that was standard a few years ago. plus, there are other more rare colors that can be had when people are open to the option of paying for special colors.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Michaelwww is a jewel in the roughMichaelwww is a jewel in the roughMichaelwww is a jewel in the rough
Dream combo!

Originally Posted by richardaf
Attached are a couple of quick and (literally) dirty pictures of my PRG 997.2. Not a launch car, but same color combination. I personally love it. I think the dark green and tan leather look great together and I also like that it is a bit less common. I know its not for everyone (inlcuding a friend with a triple black 997.1 who thinks the colors are hideous), but it sure was desirable to me! My 3 year old daughter is also a big fan of "daddy's green car".

Been looking for a combo like this for a long time. Also has a manual transmission ☝️

Been on my desk for 9 years.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:39 AM
orange260z is on a distinguished road
I specifically wanted and hunted down a PRG launch car when I shopped in 2015. I did not want to have a "look at me" colour, but I didn't particularly want black, silver or white either. To me, the PRG/Sand combo was classy, understated, but different from the sea of silver/gray/black Porsches.

I get hordes of compliments on the colour combo whether it's at a PCA meet, a multi-marque car event, or in parking lots and gas stations; more so than all other ~40 previous and current cars. I just hate getting fingerprints on it from people who want to touch it!!

Old 08-08-2019, 02:46 PM
Steph1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most women I know hate green. Green is a guy thing maybe. Wify refused to even consider any shade of green, macadamia or speed yellow. And I wouldn't even consider black without knowing it would be wrapped another color extremely quickly.

Had a custom ordered Land Rover Discovery in Coniston Green (which is Land Rover original green) that I sold 9 years ago and she still talks about the color and how fugly she thought it was.