997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Which tyre is better - Pirelli Pzero Rosso or Michelin PS2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Hi there

I wish I could fit super sports, but here in the UK if a car has extended warranty then N-rated tyres must be fitted or the warranty is void.

My car currently has Pirelli Pzero Rosso's which I feel are a bit sloppy and not that grippy.

I see that Pirelli's next tyre up, just the Pzero is classed as a more sporty tyre compared to the Rosso and has won several reviews.

So right now it looks like I am considering the Pzero or PS2's, but am certainly not trying the Rosso's again.

I may be mistaken, but I thought the Super Sports were now available with an N-rating. IIRC, someone saw them being put on a new car being built at the factory. Could just be my imagination...

Old 05-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Lemongrass is on a distinguished road
Pirelli vs Michelin on Porsche 996

Hi,
I have had Michelin Pilot Sport gen 1 on my Porsche 996 -99, changed them to Pirelli P Zero Rosso (asymetrico) which was grippy and great in dry, but very noisy. When driven the rubber out of them I put on new Michelin Pilot Sport N1, and these were clearly quieter, but not as grippy in dry. But yhey did last a LOT longer than the Pirellis. Now I have my GT3 rims on full pampering and have ordered new Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (N3) tires to fit. Expect them to be of low road noise and durable, but lets se if they have optimal dry grip with progressiv character. Wet performance? Does really not matter. I either drive slow as a school teacher or drift (when on my own) but generally the driving is enjoyed in dry conditions.
We have millions of miles of twisting country roads here in Sweden. Low traffic, great roads! I'm amazed that there is not more international drivers on car vacation here?! Not that many police checks, and not so many of those annoying speed cameras. You should check it out.
Regards,
Dr T

Old 05-24-2013, 10:12 AM
roelricardo will become famous soon enough
Go for the Michelin, is a no brainer!!! pirelli tires can´t handle F1 what do you expect on street cars!!

Old 05-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Docofthebay is on a distinguished road
I just installed the Michelin super sports today. The 30 mile ride home was much quieter and a smoother ride. Got mine on tirerack.com for $500 less than local quotes. The pirellis were what I took off, that made for a good comparison between the two

Last edited by Docofthebay; 05-24-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:41 PM
RichM3 can only hope to improve
Ps2!!!

Old 05-25-2013, 12:43 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Michelin PSS.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:48 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
+1 for Supersports. Ride, wet, handling is awesome

Old 04-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
I am so pissed off with myself. I've started on rosso's 6 years ago. Didn't like them. Mainly as they simply wouldn't balance and I've always had intermittent shimmy and vibration. Also, they chirp and squeal all the time when pushed elbeit grip is ok. I've changed to PS2 and have never looked back. Last year I went to buy PS2's but my local dealer only had 5 year old ones. I've asked for a discount due to tyres being 5 years old. They wouldn't give me any. Then they've talked me into N4 rosso's again and told me they've really sorted them out now and that they are a bargain against the PS2's. I fell for it, the idiot. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. They were cheaper but they haven't sorted anything out. The tyres remain the same problematic tyres I remember. I have intermittent steering shake, comes and goes which itensifies under braking but then it goes away only to come back intermittently. I wish I bought 5 year old PS2's. Note to myself: DONT EVER GET ROSSO's AGAIN. THEY REALLY ARE TOTAL CR&£P! Awful tyres.

Last edited by Terminator; 04-27-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:56 AM
roelricardo will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear that!!, you should listen to our experiences, is one of the reasons to view a forum.

Go to a track day and destroy those tires, buy a new set of PSS.

Originally Posted by Terminator
I am so pissed off with myself. I've started on rosso's 6 years ago. Didn't like them. Mainly as they simply wouldn't balance and I've always had intermittent shimmy and vibration. Also, they chirp and squeal all the time when pushed elbeit grip is ok. I've changed to PS2 and have never looked back. Last year I went to buy PS2's but my local dealer only had 5 year old ones. I've asked for a discount due to tyres being 5 years old. They wouldn't give me any. Then they've talked me into N4 rosso's again and told me they've really sorted them out now and that they are a bargain against the PS2's. I fell for it, the idiot. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. They were cheaper but they haven't sorted anything out. The tyres remain the same problematic tyres I remember. I have intermittent steering shake, comes and goes which itensifies under braking but then it goes away only to come back intermittently. I wish I bought 5 year old PS2's. Note to myself: DONT EVER GET ROSSO's AGAIN. THEY REALLY ARE TOTAL CR&£P! Awful tyres.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:05 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by roelricardo
Sorry to hear that!!, you should listen to our experiences, is one of the reasons to view a forum. Go to a track day and destroy those tires, buy a new set of PSS.
I listen and contribute to this forum. I was the first on this forum who wrote about Pirellis. I said in my post that I was angry with myself because I got talked into how Pirelli sorted the tyres out. My post was about saying they didn't. ;-). Ps. PSS do not come in stock sizes for our cars. ;-).

Old 05-08-2015, 01:10 AM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
Michelins over Pirelli all the time

Old 05-08-2015, 04:51 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
agreed completely. i am surprised they are oem issue… they also are loud and feel heavy.

Originally Posted by Terminator

Old 05-09-2015, 06:35 AM
cayenne444 is on a distinguished road
I used to have pirille pzero rosso on my carrera 4s , and I change it with PSS
I really prefer it over the pirille and although the pirille never let me down in extreme driving condition even with the tyre was so worn but I feel more confidence now , and am thinking of changing my Dunlop on my grancoupe with PSS.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:30 AM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
I also have some Bridgestone RE11 235 and 305's on the 997 and it drives pretty nice.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:36 PM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
Had a set of Pirellis on a BMW I bought years ago. Though the treads looked like they had plenty of life on them, the car tramlined like crazy and felt very unstable at speed. Was going to change suspension links and all sorts of stuff because I thought it couldn't be the tires. Upon better judgement, I decided to change the tires. Tried out some Nokians upon the advice of a friend. Car drove perfectly after that. Not a very scientific experiment, since I never drove the car on the Pirellis when brand new, but because they still looked pretty good I don't think I'd take the chance on Pirellis again.