997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

First Porsche, thanks for the knowledge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Motams can only hope to improve
First Porsche, thanks for the knowledge

I had the opportunity to purchase my first PCar over last weekend. I had been reading up about the cars for over 2 years.

Thank you all for the knowledge I have gained reading the various posts online. I hope and look forward to the opportunity of learning more. I am coming from a GM, Mercedes, Volvo back ground. This car replaced my W211 E63

When the hunt started a month ago, "The Boss." Was insistent on a Cab but the purist in me always wanted a coupe. We went and looked at a couple and she also insisted it was a White Cab. After driving to Ohio and looking at a car where we already agreed on pricing, we saw the car and it was rough, and we noticed the top was full of scuffs. This was very disconcerting for me, my family has always been a Benz family and my parents 40th Anniversary SL that is almost 20 years old has no top issues. Come to find out it is common on all P-Cars. After driving the car it left me very unimpressed with the performance coming from the E63. So we passed on the Ohio car, then my interests moved to a 997.1 Turbo 6Spd car, its FAST! But I wasnt ready to spend $75k asking for a nice 2007 thats 8 years old, and my AMG taught me that although it is nice having GOBBS of power it is unusable in the US especially around Chicago as I would never track the car.

By chance we went to a dealer to look at a Turbo and they had just gotten in a 2010 C4S 6Speed in Speed Yellow. Car was MINT! Clear Bra, 18K miles, Sharkwerks resonator bypass, Short throw shift. All maintenance completed, brand new Michelin PS2 tires on all 4 corners (305s too ). Didnt have the leather dash trim as I wanted and no Sport Chrono but that's not really necessary on a Manual Car, and you can add the "Sport" button for about $1300. The clock does look cool tho.

Once I drove the car, I knew it was the one. The performance shamed the previous cabs we had driven, and was not too far behind the 997.1 turbo. Honestly the car doesn't have a SPEC on it! I never owned a yellow car and didn't think I would buy a Yellow Porsche but I am sure glad I did (Its as Obnoxious as me ). The color has grown on us so much so that we both agreed we should have always been looking for a Yellow Coupe. Needless to say, she is home in the garage now. Considering only 4% of Porsche 911s come in Speed Yellow and every one in Chicago has a Black one, couldn't have made a better choice.

Although it doesn't have all the trim bits we wanted, most of it can be added, like Yellow Seat belts and leather trim with Yellow stitching. The car is so customizable that once you find the right car clean car adding the rest is easy. Had a PPI done and I had Rizza Autobody in Des Plaines check out the body for any work. The Owner is an enthusiast and owner so no better place to take it.

Enough of my rant, thanks again for all the help and hopefully I will meet some of you at the PCA event tomorrow in Bolingbrook.

Cheers from Chicago!

Old 09-11-2015, 03:08 PM
jastx is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Sounds like you really did your research. Enjoy it!

Now you gotta upload pics or it never happened!

John

Old 09-11-2015, 03:12 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome and enjoy! Need pics.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:23 PM
As requested........

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellow 911 1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	487.5 KB
ID:	428026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellow 911 2.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	428027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellow 911 3.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	527.3 KB
ID:	428028  
Old 09-11-2015, 04:42 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
very nice, congrats!

Old 09-11-2015, 06:16 PM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Hey, i dont have a black Carrera. Mine is Seal Grey
Congrads and welcome.
You must have really wanted the car to drive Chicago to Ohio. I got mine in Appleton, WI a 3+ hour drive from us and everyone thought i was crazy to drive even that far for a car. But i guess they just don't get it

Nice ride, great color. enjoy in good health.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:26 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful. I have the same car in Gray. Love it and 6 speeds are hard to come by here in CA. I too like yellow and would have bought that if I had found one.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:24 AM
sleepy will become famous soon enough
Speed yellow and 6MT combo is indeed hard to find, it was on my list as well when I was looking. Congrats!

Old 09-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the kind words gents! Its the first car where I go in the garage every night and pet her hips , while also standing and admiring her beauty, those lines are truly a work of art.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:59 AM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Motams
Thanks for the kind words gents! Its the first car where I go in the garage every night and pet her hips , while also standing and admiring her beauty, those lines are truly a work of art.
Lol
+1 I love those hips. I got C4 specifically for those wider hips