997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installed PSE and SharkWerks bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Gasguzlr will become famous soon enough
Installed PSE and SharkWerks bypass

... on my C4S Cab, and thought I'd give a little feedback. First of all, I gotta say that I love the new sound... I know it's a personal thing, but it's just exactly what I was looking for... much throatier and snarlier but not too crazy loud. The stock exhaust was pretty weak. It didn't sound too bad at WOT, but just off idle it's a little tame. To me, from the driver's seat, it had kind of a farty sound, not enjoyable at all to my ears.

Thanks to everyone on this forum, with all the great vids posted here and the feedback, really helped me make my decision. I decided even the PSE needed a little boost with the SharkWerks bypass, and the lighter weight and slight power boost never hurts. But the real benefit is the new sweet sound.

Even with the PSE closed, the Sharkwerks completely gets rid of that farty note, and adds a deeper, throatier sound to the exhaust. But when you hit the switch, it really snarls, giving awesome crackles and burbles on downshifts. I had my dealer install both and they were impressed with the sound compared to the regular PSE, my tech described the new sound as "menacing".

I haven't had a chance to take any video yet, but I'll try this weekend. I will say that when I ran my exhaust next to one of the cars they had on the lot with the PSE, mine definately sounded better... crisper and more throaty, and a bit louder I'd say, but not too loud. Just right, for my ears.

Anyway, just thought I'd post up... if anyone's thinking of doing it, just do it. Alex is awesome to deal at with at Sharkwerks and got the bypass up here to me in Canada in just four days. Great guy too.

Cheers everyone.

Ross

Old 08-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
What year is your car?

Old 08-17-2011, 06:08 AM
bigboi's911s is on a distinguished road
I'm looking forward to the video, would love to see what difference the PSE makes - I have the Sharkwerks by-pass already, was thinking about doing the PSE as well...

How much did the PSE run you?

Enjoy - I find bridges and tunnels are my new best friend!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 AM
OKB
OKB will become famous soon enough
Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
What year is your car?
2011 C4S Cabrio, manual tranny.

Cheers

Ross

Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by bigboi's911s
I'm looking forward to the video, would love to see what difference the PSE makes - I have the Sharkwerks by-pass already, was thinking about doing the PSE as well...

How much did the PSE run you?

Enjoy - I find bridges and tunnels are my new best friend!
I'll get a vid this weekend. The cost of the PSE installed was $3500, including dash button. I know it's not the cheapest around, or the cheapest exhaust, but keeping it closer to stock, warranty etc, made me feel better on a new car. Dealer had no problems installing the Sharkwerks as far as warranty goes.

I do not regret my decision at all. Love it, in fact.

Cheers

Ross

Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the link, I'm going to look more closely into this.

Cheers

Ross

Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
Cheers Ross and so glad you are enjoying it! We made that system before the PSE came out (so it fits non-PSE cars as you know) but yes with the PSE it's a different type of beast and sure sounds great.

Here's a little video we made of a GTS with PSE and our bypass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2R9d...eature=related

Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
I've been thinking about getting the bypass to add a little more oomph to my exhaust. Glad you are happy with your upgrades and thanks for posting your thoughts!

Old 08-18-2011, 07:07 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I added the SW Bypass to my GTS (PSE already standard) and I LOVE IT. The only time I don't have PSE on is when I'm pulling into/out of my house so that my wife doesn't make any comments. Here's the video I made to give you an idea of the sound with PSE On & Off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgGZFcKcapY

Old 08-19-2011, 10:33 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gasguzlr
... on my C4S Cab, and thought I'd give a little feedback. First of all, I gotta say that I love the new sound... I know it's a personal thing, but it's just exactly what I was looking for... much throatier and snarlier but not too crazy loud. The stock exhaust was pretty weak. It didn't sound too bad at WOT, but just off idle it's a little tame. To me, from the driver's seat, it had kind of a farty sound, not enjoyable at all to my ears.

Thanks to everyone on this forum, with all the great vids posted here and the feedback, really helped me make my decision. I decided even the PSE needed a little boost with the SharkWerks bypass, and the lighter weight and slight power boost never hurts. But the real benefit is the new sweet sound.

Even with the PSE closed, the Sharkwerks completely gets rid of that farty note, and adds a deeper, throatier sound to the exhaust. But when you hit the switch, it really snarls, giving awesome crackles and burbles on downshifts. I had my dealer install both and they were impressed with the sound compared to the regular PSE, my tech described the new sound as "menacing".

I haven't had a chance to take any video yet, but I'll try this weekend. I will say that when I ran my exhaust next to one of the cars they had on the lot with the PSE, mine definately sounded better... crisper and more throaty, and a bit louder I'd say, but not too loud. Just right, for my ears.

Anyway, just thought I'd post up... if anyone's thinking of doing it, just do it. Alex is awesome to deal at with at Sharkwerks and got the bypass up here to me in Canada in just four days. Great guy too.

Cheers everyone.

Ross
Hi Ross thanks for the kind words and seriously our pleasure We originally made it before the PSE was released but from the first time I heard the combo and turned the switch I was pretty stoked:P We love our Canadians don't you know. James (one of the owners) is from Toronto so!

Originally Posted by Max77
I've been thinking about getting the bypass to add a little more oomph to my exhaust. Glad you are happy with your upgrades and thanks for posting your thoughts!
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I added the SW Bypass to my GTS (PSE already standard) and I LOVE IT. The only time I don't have PSE on is when I'm pulling into/out of my house so that my wife doesn't make any comments. Here's the video I made to give you an idea of the sound with PSE On & Off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgGZFcKcapY
Thanks for the video too and you're right on with that switch. It's just like the GT3 stuff where you can switch from mild to "menacing" in a second

Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 PM
J.Seven is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gasguzlr
2011 C4S Cabrio, manual tranny.

Cheers

Ross
Did you have already the PSE and install the bypass after, or you did both at same time?
I just drop the PSE on my 997.2 and it sounds great, but this bypass might be another upgrade option

How much for the bypass?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by J.Seven
I just drop the PSE on my 997.2 and it sounds great, but this bypass might be another upgrade option

How much for the bypass?
Do it, you won't regret it!

Figure about $700 + Installation. My dealer charged me 1 1/2 hours labor.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:32 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Had Sharkwerks bypass installed today. Do not have PSE but PDK C4S. Early impressions is that I like it. I can hear the change esp under throttle. using sunroof tilt more till it starts raining.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:33 AM
thxbuff2001 is on a distinguished road
A lot of members have commented about how heavy the PSE. Anybody can comment on this. This is the only drawback that is why I have not considered it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed PSE and SharkWerks bypass