997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What Color Should I Paint My Calipers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Luciddaydream is infamous around these parts
What Color Should I Paint My Calipers?

Hey guys.

I have a 2006 Carrera, 36k miles.

PIcked it up not long ago.

Looks great but the calipers look like crap.

I've attached a picture of them.

My plans are to paint them with this

http://www.g2usa.com/product/G2.html

Since red is for teh ceramic brakes, I do not wnat to paint them red, even though it does look cool.

Yellow is too.. loud for me.

The car is metallic black.

I was thinking black or silver for the calipers.

I was thinking I'd put these decals on them with the G2 Paint (link above).

Does it sound like I am on the right track here?

OH -- one last thing. If you look at my nuts you'll see they need to be cleaned / rust removed. How can I clean them?

Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I like cars stock and I do not like to project an image that is not reality. Carrera's calipers are black. S calipers are red and PCCB calipers are yellow. If your car is a Carrera its calipers should be black.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Yep I saw on ebay a new Carrera with black ones so I think I am gonna go black.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Luciddaydream
Don't forget the PORSCHE lettering in white.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Good call for keeping it real.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
You should paint the calipers red, change your exhaust tips to duals, and change the rear badge to "Carrera S." I promise not to tell anyone.

Last edited by gasongasoff; 08-17-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
You should paint the calipers red, change your exhaust tips to duals, and change the rear badge to "Carrera S." I promise not to tell anyone.
lmao

Old 08-17-2011, 04:26 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
silver would look good

Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM
yeah i dont want em red. i do admit red looks cool but i dont want to fake anything. and i kind of like how black looks low key.

so I think i am gonna do black........... but do you guys know if that paint i've chosen is quality?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:58 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
+1 on the black!

Old 08-17-2011, 05:00 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
OH -- one last thing. If you look at my nuts you'll see they need to be cleaned / rust removed.

Ahhhhh, I think we will pass on that.

Seriously, you may want to replace them. Sounds like they got nicked up a bit and the car went through the car wash a few times

Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
I did the scuff and paint method, but my rims also need refinishing.
If your wheels look good, I would check out the 2nd link.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...usty-nuts.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-wheels.html

When I get my wheels refinished, im going to buy new lugs

Hopes this helps

Old 08-17-2011, 05:36 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
yeah i dont want em red. i do admit red looks cool but i dont want to fake anything. and i kind of like how black looks low key.

so I think i am gonna do black........... but do you guys know if that paint i've chosen is quality?
get the red if u want red..

its only brake calipers..

i personally love the red calipers and even if i had the turbo S with PCCB, i prob want to paint them red..

its not really a 'wannabe' IMO until u actually put on the 'S' emblem

what color is ur car btw?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Naw I dont really want red.

The car is Basalt Black Metallic I think its called.

I think I am gonna go black

DOes anyone have any input on the type of paint I've chosen? If its quality I think I'll order it. I think it seems ok...

Old 08-17-2011, 06:18 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
paint them red. it is easy to do with g2 or similar paint kit. easy diy job. use any color you like but red looks very nice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What Color Should I Paint My Calipers?