997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche to compete more directly against Ferrari

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 04:30 PM
SCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TheRox
Sorry but you can't compete with Ferrari when you sell 50 K SUV's (Cayenne V6) and have a mini-boxster and mini-Cayenne slated for production starting at 45-50K.

Porsche is wayyyyyyyy downmarket from Ferrari. Porsche just happens to be almost as good as Ferrari in terms of performance, that is all.

It has nowhere near the prestige. WIthin 10 years, Porsche will become a common badge; THey WILL develop a baby Panamera (and it will be an amazing car), and like the 3-series, Porsche will grace many driveways in North AMerica so long as the money supply is loose.

Ferrari never will. They are all about tight control. Porsche is about expanding sales.

911 is expensive for the badge. WIth the exception of those with a lot of money, NO ONE will buy a Ferrari-priced Porsche ever. People will always buy a Ferrari, then maybe buy the Porsche equivalent if they can.

Great brand, but they're dreaming if they think they can take on the prestige and style of Ferrari. Performance, yes...looks, desirability, and prestige and sound, no.
I disagree.
there are $25K Benz and there are these

they compete with Ferrari just fine

Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
SCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura about
and FWIW, I'd rather have a CGT than a Scud or a 458

Old 09-02-2011, 06:17 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Minok
That only matters to people that care exclusively about who won.

I don't care who won, I care about the trip there and who did the best getting to where they ended up.

Its why drag racing and 0-60 figures are such utter useless exercises to me.
Dude, it was a joke. You never heard that line before? From any particular movie?

(with a few words purposely changed?)

Old 09-02-2011, 06:21 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
No an expensive Benz does not compete with a similarly priced Ferrari. I can't afford either, so there are those who can afford it and to them there may be no difference.

When you step into a different league, brand means a lot. Remember the VW Phaeton or what ever it was called? Used Maybach's are dirt cheap, a Hyundai top of the line does not attract the Lexis buyer and so on. But our opinions are like whistling in the wind, no one will ever hear us.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Rotor is infamous around these parts
Justin Bieber drives a Ferrari.

Rotor
2008 997 C2S

Old 09-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCEye
I disagree.
there are $25K Benz and there are these

they compete with Ferrari just fine
I think you are proving our therox's point. Since Mercedes sells 25k cars, the brand as a whole is a tier or two (or even more) below Ferrari.

Originally Posted by Rotor

Rotor
2008 997 C2S
The Situation does too. smh. This guy is muff cabbage (south park reference). I was so ecstatic when Randy kicked his ***.

Last edited by Inglorious; 09-03-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:26 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rotor

Rotor
2008 997 C2S

That should be illegal.