997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My first Porsche - 911 C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
What a beauty! Thanks for taking all the time to share with us the extraordinary transformation of your car....

But no thanks for making me tempt on modding my car (smacking hand)

Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
As spring is getting closer, it's time to shake things up again. I'm going to switch out the entire body kit of my car one more time. Here's what I am doing:

Front: back to the stock bumper with FVD lip, .1 GT3 smile vent, and Techart headlight rings in matte black

Wing: off with the Turbo wing, on with the stock decklid with reflector bar and Techart Type IV wing insert

Rear: off with the GT3 RS bumper and Cargraphic center exit x-pipe + valvetronic exhaust, on with the stock rear bumper, Vorsteiner or Speedart rear valence, and PSE with GTS tips, and Sharkwerks by-pass pipes

Wheels: getting the P43 refinished, will pair them up with a set of PSS

Look for pic updates in the next 3-4 weeks!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K-E-V
As spring is getting closer, it's time to shake things up again. I'm going to switch out the entire body kit of my car one more time. Here's what I am doing:

Front: back to the stock bumper with FVD lip, .1 GT3 smile vent, and Techart headlight rings in matte black

Wing: off with the Turbo wing, on with the stock decklid with reflector bar and Techart Type IV wing insert

Rear: off with the GT3 RS bumper and Cargraphic center exit x-pipe + valvetronic exhaust, on with the stock rear bumper, Vorsteiner or Speedart rear valence, and PSE with GTS tips, and Sharkwerks by-pass pipes

Wheels: getting the P43 refinished, will pair them up with a set of PSS

Look for pic updates in the next 3-4 weeks!
Wow that's awesome! Are you buying a 997 TTS?

Old 04-02-2013, 10:02 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Wow that's awesome! Are you buying a 997 TTS?
Saving up for a 991 TT-S By then I'll finally be an ICU attending

Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Saving up for a 991 TT-S By then I'll finally be an ICU attending
Super nice! Why not a 991 GT2?

Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Super nice! Why not a 991 GT2?
Still want the AWD and more compliant ride for day to day driving. I'll probably invest in a Lotus for a dedicated track toy

Old 04-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Some pics of what is coming soon........

Various stock photos that I have gathered to decide what my car will look like after all the body work:

Back to the FVD front lip with stock bumper, side grilles will be painted flat black to match the lip.

Also installing the old school GT3 vent kit and mesh grilles from Rennline in preparation for the center radiator upgrade.

Going back to OEM PSE with Sharkwerks bypass pipes

will be installing the GTS tips instead of the regular tips

Speedart rear valence:

Techart Type IV wing with side intakes and adjustable flap

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sketch004.jpg
Views:	1470
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	228341  
Attached Images      
Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 PM
I just brought my 4S in for scheduled maintenance ~3 weeks ago. It turns out that the front brake pads were almost all the way gone (~3mm left) and the rears are on their way out as well (~7mm). After looking at different options, I opted to get a set of the Endless MX72 street / track pads. I had them installed at Cantrell Motorsports today and first impressions of the pads are quite positive.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
HRE P43 installed today

Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
HRE P43 installed today
Nice! What did you do with your old rims?

Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by mark12345
Nice! What did you do with your old rims?
In storage, those are my winter setup

Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 AM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
K-E-V on Sport Buckets

So now you've had + three months of the new seats, your appraisal ?

I bought my c4s w/ the seats, almost because of the seats. I'm on the record - best car seat I've ever spend time in. Their not for the non-athletic in terms of egress, not 'Captain's Chairs'. When I drop into the pcar the seats make every ride like an adventure.

Since you picked up the c4s how many miles have you logged ?

Paul

Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Viper Guy is on a distinguished road
Various stock photos that I have gathered to decide what my car will look like after all the body work:

Back to the FVD front lip with stock bumper, side grilles will be painted flat black to match the lip.

Also installing the old school GT3 vent kit and mesh grilles from Rennline in preparation for the center radiator upgrade.

Going back to OEM PSE with Sharkwerks bypass pipes

will be installing the GTS tips instead of the regular tips

Speedart rear valence:

Techart Type IV wing with side intakes and adjustable flap

Congrats!

Chris -

Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by LPpfs997
So now you've had + three months of the new seats, your appraisal ?

I bought my c4s w/ the seats, almost because of the seats. I'm on the record - best car seat I've ever spend time in. Their not for the non-athletic in terms of egress, not 'Captain's Chairs'. When I drop into the pcar the seats make every ride like an adventure.

Since you picked up the c4s how many miles have you logged ?

Paul
I still like the GT2 seats better than my old comfort seats. The only feature that I might have missed for a couple days was the heated seats feature (which Techart apparently offers a retrofit for!). The seat hugs me pretty well going around corners and it is certainly not as tight / narrow as the GT-R Recaro seats that I sat in. The only downside of the seat is how low it seats in comparison to the regular seats, making it difficult to get in and out (just like you said, not a captain's chair, but hey it's a freakin' sports car, so slim it up whoever is complaining! ). However, I noticed an upside to that as well. Your co-pilot will be showing you a lot of skin when she sits in the passenger seat.

I have put down about 13K miles in the past two years.

Originally Posted by Viper Guy
Congrats!

Chris -
Thank you. It's been quite a journey over the last two years with multiple modifications to find the perfect combination for myself and my car. I think I have finally found the right balance.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:08 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
Buckets

If you've not traveled far in the seats you will shocked; extended seat time is what makes these so great. We did a 12 day road trip last Spring, my SO was a bit leery of the sports pasm and the buckets. 1st day she was so happy, after 8 hrs. driving little fatigue nor back issues. Can't wait for this seasons trip !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche - 911 C4S