997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How much should i offer for this 997?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 01:02 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Believe who you want to believe, but check when I joined and my reputation.
There is a lot of benefit to buying local; are you going to fly to AZ to look at the car? A car with that many miles will have plenty of scratches that won't show in pics.
The car WOULD have issues with 50k mi from the NE, but it isn't a NE car. A NE car will have fewer miles because it WASN'T driven in the winter.
Why do prices go down in the winter? Because many garage their cars in the East, especially cabs and DON'T drive them. Who gets excited about owning a P cab in December? No one. When no one wants one is the best time to buy one. Desperate sellers make for happy buyers.
Sure, 57k miles has no issues. Around that mileage you should have had or are looking at plugs, coils, brakes, etc. Lots of maintenance that may or may not have been done.
Ruby red. Does look nice. So does Speed Yellow. Only realize that a fraction of the population want it and it's harder to find that buyer. My current car is red, that didn't keep me from buying it.
Judging from the maintenance required on my 997 with 30k miles, you would need to set aside some spare change for maintenance.
PDK and a TIP are the same... that's a good one. People may or may not have preference for a PDK. But a TIP is NOT in demand. Granted, you can get a nice P car with it and enjoy it, but again resale will be affected.
Just hope to give you some buying guidance. Good luck in your search and hope I can help.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:19 PM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
That seems a very fair price for this car.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:31 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by 997xpress
Be wise and don't buy a cab without heated seats... maybe it's just me but that is a deal killer and this one doesn't seem to have them.

I've been seeing a lot of cabs from AZ and FLA without the heated seat option. It severely limits the resale if you ask me.

Good luck.
+1 on this. Don't buy a cab without heated seats. That is a dealbreaker for me.

As far as the car goes, I would hold out for an 07 or 06 with less miles that may cost as much or less (and possibly get CPO). I am also not a fan of Tip. It is not the same as PDK to me (I have driven both very hard, but still prefer 6-speed).

My $0.02 and good luck.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:37 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
You are hard pressed to find a Porsche on the road in the winter time in the Northeast part of the country.... Most of(not all) the cars are put up for the snowy months and brought to life in the spring every year.
Car door dings are not limited to the Northeast... Neither is sand. To eliminate the cars from any area is a mistake... Each car stands on its own merit and there are cherries everywhere...
Tiptronic and PDK are not one in the same... Very different... I'd be interested in the PDK but not a Tip... Just a personal choice... Manual would be my preference. I drive a PDK but Tip would be a deal killer for me. Just not interested in it.
I'm not sure I agree with the 60K=1/3 life expectancy to hold true in every case. Be prepared to spend much money to get the car to magic 180K figure.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
I came in expecting to read a Yrallis post stating the car is worth 38 grand. He must be on vacation.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
Glad to see the chorus of people correcting the "PDK and Tip are the same" comment. Not much to add except to agree that the they are most definitely NOT the same and the market doesn't value them the same, which is, I suppose, what's most relevant to the thread.

Doesn't make the Tip bad, but I'd try both before buying a Tip car, as well as becoming familiar with the difference between a transmission with a torque converter and a dual clutch robotic manual.