997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How much should i offer for this 997?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Acmw will become famous soon enough
How much should i offer for this 997?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...item5645e87956

I called and sales person said the most they can take off is $400! does 50k sound unresonable? miles are super high!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:18 AM
aproo will become famous soon enoughaproo will become famous soon enough
I have to agree, miles is pretty high for a 2008 model. It would have approximately done 18K a year thereabouts.

Nice color though. Can't really tell from the pictures, but does it come with leather options? Coz i don't see any deviated stichings on the dashboard etc. The underneath spoiler looks kinda dusty though.

Well to each his own and good luck in your hunt..!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:11 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I would go to cars.com and narrow down your search to include only 2008, C2S, cab with Tip....tip will bring down the value. You should get a pretty good idea from your results (hi and low end of the mileage range) what the ebay car is worth. GL.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:41 AM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
Checked Manheim and I found a 2007 black/black C2 Cab 47K miles wholesale price is $54,950. I think the price is fairly reasonable and you'd be lucky to get it below $53k. I guess this is a lot of miles for a Porsche but it really isn't a lot of miles for a car. Get an extended warranty and you're golden.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:03 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
The color is very particular, do you really want the color? It will affect resale. Car is buried in miles. You would be hard pressed to find an '08 with more miles than that car. Do you really want a tip? This is the last year before the '09 with the DFI engine and PDK - this is probably the worst value 997.1 to buy. I would not travel from NJ to AZ for this car. Be patient, there are tons of cars in the Northeast and winter is coming, which will depress prices, especially for cabs. Don't pay up for a cab in September.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:03 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I would go to cars.com and narrow down your search to include only 2008, C2S, cab with Tip....tip will bring down the value. You should get a pretty good idea from your results (hi and low end of the mileage range) what the ebay car is worth. GL.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:28 AM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
OMG Where do I start. The car isn't buried in miles because it's not a Ferrari or Lambo. 60k Miles is probably 1/3 of its life without major repairs. You'll pay $20K more for a 2009 (Some people want a 911 and cannot afford the 2009). I'd avoid buying a Northeast car because of the traffic, trucks sand blasts the vehicles, door dings, winter salt corrosion. Sales don't drop in the winter....this is a misnomer. (Sure there are stressed sales but ask yourself if you would give away your 911...you won't and neither will anyone else.) Everybody thinks they're getting a good price in the winter but they don't. Do you ever see rebates, special financing or special leasing on a 911? No, resale values are awesome on used Porsche's.

The OP might love the color. The color won't affect the price because many people like it and they are hard to find. Just because dealers like to have white, black and silver on the lot doesn't make Ruby Red unpopular. I get many complements on my Ruby Red and I'm sure the rest of the Ruby Red owners would agree. I agree on the TIP but who cares if the OP wants that. (PDK and TIP are the same thing so stop kidding yourself.)

OP If you like the car it is for sale at a good price. If you can get it for less then go for it. If this car had 29k miles then you'd be paying $65-68K for it but you'd still have a warranty.

Originally Posted by ryem3
The color is very particular, do you really want the color? It will affect resale. Car is buried in miles. You would be hard pressed to find an '08 with more miles than that car. Do you really want a tip? This is the last year before the '09 with the DFI engine and PDK - this is probably the worst value 997.1 to buy. I would not travel from NJ to AZ for this car. Be patient, there are tons of cars in the Northeast and winter is coming, which will depress prices, especially for cabs. Don't pay up for a cab in September.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey guys thank for all the quick responses ! i really do not care if its manual or auto , i really just want that color , RUBY red metallic is my only color choice and i cannot find another one in its price range! There are 3 more listed online and they ar 80K +! i want to stay under 50k!

Old 09-13-2011, 08:36 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LambOfGod
I'd avoid buying a Northeast car because of the traffic, trucks sand blasts the vehicles, door dings, winter salt corrosion.
it`s the first thing that came to my mind. 20K miles annually means it was a daily driver including winter. winter means bad for all joints.

if they offer CPO then probably it could be OK for $53K. if not - i would nbot get such a car, without warranty it may become a money pit.

i do not like tiptronic. would not advice for a car with it ever.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I checked out the Carfax. This car spent all its life in SoCal. Rust/Corrosion should not be an issue. Sometimes a daily drive isn't so bad as long as the owner wasn't throwing McDonald's bags in the back seat for 3-years.

I'm not worried about the miles. It already had the major service according to the Carfax report.

Originally Posted by utkinpol
it`s the first thing that came to my mind. 20K miles annually means it was a daily driver including winter. winter means bad for all joints.

if they offer CPO then probably it could be OK for $53K. if not - i would nbot get such a car, without warranty it may become a money pit.

i do not like tiptronic. would not advice for a car with it ever.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Rxxxdruggist is a jewel in the roughRxxxdruggist is a jewel in the roughRxxxdruggist is a jewel in the rough
Not a cab fan, but I love the color

Old 09-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I would have purchased a ruby red 09 but we couldn't get together on price.

Can you find out why the engine was out of the car? With the VIN and a willing dealer you might be able to get it's history. It was a CPO so it should be in the records.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 AM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Be wise and don't buy a cab without heated seats... maybe it's just me but that is a deal killer and this one doesn't seem to have them.

I've been seeing a lot of cabs from AZ and FLA without the heated seat option. It severely limits the resale if you ask me.

Good luck.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:22 PM
I really appreciate all the input guys!
i really want to purchase this car but the sales man says all he can really take off the price is $400 i call BS!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
When you buy the car make sure you get a good extended warranty plan to go with it. It won't take much in the way of repairs, should they become necessary, to turn a bargain into an expensive mistake.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much should i offer for this 997?