997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Buying a 2006 C4S or CS2 Cab's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:38 AM
rjdurbin72 is on a distinguished road
Buying a 2006 C4S or CS2 Cab's

I need some guidance, I have had 4 Porsche in the past and all coupes but looking to purchase my 1st cab. I'm looking at a 2006 C4S and C2 similar in options except the C4S has navi/full leather and the CS2 does not. The C2S has turbo II wheels. Both cars are black. C2S has less miles by 10K.

My understanding is the C4S is wider but the C2S is faster. Any maintenance issues on the C4S? Does a 2006 C4S really get that much of a premium as a used car?

What would everyone buy and why (pro's vs con's)?

Old 09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
I don't think there is much difference speed-wise between the two. I personally like the wider body of the C4S (I am biased because I had a C4S cab). They make fewer C4S configurations and they have more features in the drivetrain (and hence higher MSRP), which could be a factor in the higher prices. Sounds like the C4S you are looking at has more options as well which will drive the price a bit higher.

I found no difference in maintenance between the two cars you reference. You live in Austin so snow is not a factor in needing AWD. It will come down to which of the two cars you like the best and how well will each of them pass a PPI. I personally prefer the wider body of the C4S, but it is not needed. Make sure you get heated seats in any cab purchase you make. They should not be optional on those cars.

Good luck with it.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
rj,

Check out my album if u want to c the width on c4s cab

check out justatoy album if u want to c width on c2s cab

Jim

Old 09-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
If you need AWD for weather, I'd get that. Otherwise, many people (including me) feel that RWD has a lighter and nimbler feel, and is therefore more fun. As far as speed, both are very similar. Also, I think the AWD may have a smaller trunk, but I'll leave it to others to confirm that.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
I don't believe the driving feel is that different between the two; especially since both are cabs.

I need to know more about each car to ultimately decide but based on what you have stated so far I would say a lean towards the C2S with lower miles.

But a key to me would be warranties between the two.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:22 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
cab all the wayyyyyy.....

Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Gator Skin is on a distinguished road
To me the rear wheel drive cabriolet with a sporty exhaust and manual tranny is the ultimate driving experience. Porsche 911 roadster all the way.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gator Skin
To me the rear wheel drive cabriolet with a sporty exhaust and manual tranny is the ultimate driving experience. Porsche 911 roadster all the way.
Have to really agree on the cab part (actually the RWD and manual parts too ).

My 911 is a cab, and the top down experience is awesome. It's not just about sun and wind. Having the top down connects you with the environment in a way that no coupe or sedan ever could, like picking up variations in air temp, humidity, and local smells as you drive along. You also hear and smell the car more acutely, and having the top down makes the car feel amazingly spacious. All with very little sacrifice of performance.

Last edited by Manifold; 09-15-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
The C4S cab is the heaviest of the models. But I wouldn't worry about that. Like others have said, the rear wheel drive models tend to feel more nimble because of the lighter front end, but they are all a blast to drive. Personally, I really like a full leather interior, but that is personal choice. I wouldn't select a car based on wheels, since they can easily be changed out. Good luck in your selection. These are the fun kinds of decisions we get to make.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
The C4S cab is the heaviest of the models. But I wouldn't worry about that. Like others have said, the rear wheel drive models tend to feel more nimble because of the lighter front end, but they are all a blast to drive. Personally, I really like a full leather interior, but that is personal choice. I wouldn't select a car based on wheels, since they can easily be changed out. Good luck in your selection. These are the fun kinds of decisions we get to make.
Agreed on full leather. Mine is two-tone full leather, and it really helps to make the car look more upscale - as it should, given the cost!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:27 PM
LETS Race it is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
cab all the wayyyyyy.....
I can't agree more. Cab with out a doubt.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:52 PM
chudso will become famous soon enough
I also prefer the wider body of the 4S, but the milage on used porches is a huge factor on the price

Old 09-16-2011, 03:10 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I would go with the C4S for the wider body and the nav/full leather. I agree with Ken regarding the wheels. They are easily changed.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Wide body FTW with a cab........

Old 09-17-2011, 11:57 AM
EDOD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Wide body FTW with a cab........
I am also looking for 911 and I love the look of the wide body.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying a 2006 C4S or CS2 Cab's