997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BOSE Stereo Complaints...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 05:33 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
I find that the Bose in the 911 sounds better at higher volumes then lower. At lower it does sound too flat. My Land Rover LR3s upgraded Harmon Kardon was better.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
My previous car was also a 335i and it was the best car stereo I've heard. I had the upgrade...forgot it's name...came with an EQ.
I also have a BMW 335 with the LOGIC 7 by Harmon Kardon sound.....WAY better than any Bose system. The best was in my old Lexus (Mark Levinson) and I've listened to the B&O in Audi and that too is amazing. Bose is crap...I can't imagine what a "stock" Porsche sound system would sound like if it wasn't Bose (if they even have a non stock Bose)

Last edited by slant83; 09-20-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:07 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Logic7, in my '07 5er, was pretty damn good and plenty of adjustability with the EQ to dial it in. The Bose is just OK - pretty decent at slow speed or in the garage and really nice with a true surround DISC: DTS or DVDA if you can find them.

THe 997.2 iPod and XM are leagues better than the BMW was - but maybe BMW have that sorted out by now as well.

Hoping the 991 gets the Burmester that is in the Panamera - seems like that would be a huge step up.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 AM
jasonintoronto is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stevepow

Hoping the 991 gets the Burmester that is in the Panamera - seems like that would be a huge step up.
it's confirmed, it shows up in their configurator online. There's three options: regular stereo, Bose stereo and the burm. The burm is $5000.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
My car has BOSE but I bought it off the lot. I would not have ordered a 911 with BOSE. It simply is not worth the extra $$. Having said that, the only complaint I have is that it has way too much bass. I simply turned down the bass and I am OK with it. My wife's MB E320 has HK Logic 7 which is much better but to be honest one cannot expect much in a 911 as it is not the ideal auto interior ( too much engine, tire, exhaust noise) for good sound.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:48 PM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fahrer
My car has BOSE but I bought it off the lot. I would not have ordered a 911 with BOSE. It simply is not worth the extra $$. Having said that, the only complaint I have is that it has way too much bass. I simply turned down the bass and I am OK with it. My wife's MB E320 has HK Logic 7 which is much better but to be honest one cannot expect much in a 911 as it is not the ideal auto interior ( too much engine, tire, exhaust noise) for good sound.

"Freedom of speech includes volume"...just turn it up and away goes road noise, tire noise, eardrums, etc..a really great system you can turn pretty loud with no distortion and you can't even hear yourself talk..like the Burm or Levinson..even the Logic 7

Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the 911 is a very good platform for listening to music.. it's just too loud. That said, I heard the Meridan system in the new Range Rover Evoque this past weekend and it blew me away. If the meridian is a "10" i give the Bose around a "5"

Last edited by sizquik; 09-20-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
No highs, no lows, must be Bose.

My Bose system is mediocre at best. Sheeit the upgraded stereo in my Honda Element EX is superior. Listen to B&O in Audi or Mark Levinson in Lexus and you will hear what a car audio system should sound like.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:35 PM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
I guess having my hearing loss in some frequency ranges is a good thing in this case, I listen to the Bose and it sounds as good to me as what is in the MB, Audi, etc.

I've also found that since I have a cabriolet, even with the speed sensing volume control activated, I can't hear much once we start moving so I usually just shut it off. I'm wondering if I don't have the speed sensing feature setup correctly, or if there is only so much it can do? Is there some trick to getting it to work better?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I honestly stopped listening to music in my car (Bose) and started listening to predominantly, NPR, because the music sounded so flat. I think overall though, its been a good thing.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by surfah
No highs, no lows, must be Bose.

My Bose system is mediocre at best. Sheeit the upgraded stereo in my Honda Element EX is superior. Listen to B&O in Audi or Mark Levinson in Lexus and you will hear what a car audio system should sound like.
I find that old adage kind of ironic, because especially without the Linear mode turned on, the Bose in my 09 C2S is only highs and lows, with no midrange.

I think that the equalization Audiopilot does is a little weird, I'd rather just have a straight volume control. I disable that portion by using linear mode and I think it sounds alright. Definitely not as good as enhanced premium audio in my 2011 M3.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:12 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT2911
I guess having my hearing loss in some frequency ranges is a good thing in this case, I listen to the Bose and it sounds as good to me as what is in the MB, Audi, etc.

I've also found that since I have a cabriolet, even with the speed sensing volume control activated, I can't hear much once we start moving so I usually just shut it off. I'm wondering if I don't have the speed sensing feature setup correctly, or if there is only so much it can do? Is there some trick to getting it to work better?
You have a cab, you should have just gone with stereo delete option LOL.

Wind whistling past your ears with the top down>Bose with the top up

Originally Posted by kitw
I find that old adage kind of ironic, because especially without the Linear mode turned on, the Bose in my 09 C2S is only highs and lows, with no midrange.

I think that the equalization Audiopilot does is a little weird, I'd rather just have a straight volume control. I disable that portion by using linear mode and I think it sounds alright. Definitely not as good as enhanced premium audio in my 2011 M3.
Ya know I've never adjusted that linear setting. I might try this after work.

I went to the 650 cab launch party 2 weeks ago and test drove a Jerez black M3 coupe with the upgraded stereo. It sounded pretty good. What sounded even better was the $4K Eisenmann exhaust After hearing that baby roar I was like "what stereo?"

Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kitw

I think the linear mode and audiopilot are two separate functions. The liner mode is supposed to make the sound flat, or more linear. If you don't choose the linear mode, you get enhanced bass. The audiopilot function changes volume and equalization depending on vehicle speed and noise.

By the way, any of you guys with 997.1 cars will not have the linear function, at least I didn't on the two 997.1 cars I had. I always thought the bass was way to boomy on that Bose system in the 997.1.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:30 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
I heard if you upgrade the factory amp with a new lets say JL or Alpine the bose speakers in our 911 rock. Maybe the factory amp just sucks. Just sayin

Old 09-20-2011, 05:31 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GS997S
I think the linear mode and audiopilot are two separate functions. The liner mode is supposed to make the sound flat, or more linear. If you don't choose the linear mode, you get enhanced bass. The audiopilot function changes volume and equalization depending on vehicle speed and noise..
Engaging Linear mode sounds like it tames down the equalization. But, I should read the manual and make sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BOSE Stereo Complaints...