997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Shipping my 997 from MI to FL any recomendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Shipping my 997 from MI to FL any recomendations?

I am ready to move to FL for the winter and want to ship my car from MI to Tampa . I posted a request on one of the auto shipping broker's website and they are peppering me with offers from $560 to $830 open carrier.

I think it may be a good idea to use enclosed.?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Vlad

Old 09-27-2011, 12:59 PM
OKB
OKB will become famous soon enough
same prices, good service; call 1stbase transportation, gran turismo motorsports, earthautoshippers.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
whatever you do, DO NOT use DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) as they took my brother's Mercedes (open) and went through what we believe were low lying branches completely scratching the car up. Since my brother is an attorney, he took it upon himself to seek damages and they were not what he wanted and took months to settle. This was on a New York to Miami trip... If you can afford it, go the enclosed route. He also had a bad experience when he got his 965. No scratches, but the car required a major detailing job once it arrived Miami (and had just had this done right before being put on the trailer).

Last edited by GOB; 09-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GOB
whatever you do, DO NOT use DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) as they took my brother's Mercedes (open) and went through what we believe were low lying branches completely scratching the car up. Since my brother is an attorney, he took it upon himself to seek damages and they were not what he wanted and took months to settle. This was on a New York to Miami trip... If you can afford it, go the enclosed route. He also had a bad experience when he got his 965. No scratches, but the car required a major detailing job once it arrived Miami (and had just had this done right before being put on the trailer).
Thanks!!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:10 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
go with enclosed only. ask yur dealer for rec

Old 09-27-2011, 02:19 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
intercity lines only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:15 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Intercity does a great job. May cost more than most carriers but they're worth it.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
DeMoise. Family run and they use their own trucks i.e. not a broker giving the deal to the lowest bidder. You can all the driver anytime for an update.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
I need to apologize for my grammatical error of saying "lying" instead of "laying", but I was thinking of all the BS emails DAS sent him. If you can afford it, go enclosed. Intercity has a good rep. No idea about prices.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Frank A. is on a distinguished road
I used Horseless Carriage for my 911 and they were great. No problems at all.

Regards,
Frank A.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:26 AM
jedwards is on a distinguished road
I would concur with Intercity Lines. They are a forum sponsor and have been transporting forum member cars routinely with great feedback - always go enclosed...

my two cents!

Old 09-28-2011, 01:07 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frank A.
I used Horseless Carriage for my 911 and they were great. No problems at all.

Regards,
Frank A.
Horseless Carriage is great until they pick up your. Once that's done, you have no control when the car is going to be delivered. When I moved out from MA to WA, I used HC and my E92 M3 was picked up several days before I left MA but it took MORE THAN A MONTH for them to finally consolidate enough business to move my car to WA. Basically the car was sitting on their NJ lot during that time. At least they have the decency to cover the car up during that time.

Originally Posted by jedwards
I would concur with Intercity Lines. They are a forum sponsor and have been transporting forum member cars routinely with great feedback - always go enclosed...

my two cents!
I had good experiences with Intercity and Passport

Old 09-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by K-E-V
Horseless Carriage is great until they pick up your. Once that's done, you have no control when the car is going to be delivered. When I moved out from MA to WA, I used HC and my E92 M3 was picked up several days before I left MA but it took MORE THAN A MONTH for them to finally consolidate enough business to move my car to WA. Basically the car was sitting on their NJ lot during that time. At least they have the decency to cover the car up during that time.

I had good experiences with Intercity and Passport
Thank you all for your input. Got some decisions to make..
Hell, I may even drive down to FL. Kill some bugs and burn some 93 octane.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:42 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I've used these guys http://www.enclosedvehicletransport.com/ twice. Once Orlando to Seattle and once Phoenix to Seattle.

They use only 2 car enclosed haulers, so the delivery time is very quick (5 days from FL, 3 days from AZ) and your car is moved only once.

More expensive than most, but great service and very dependable.