997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I have some good news and some bad news................

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:35 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
it sounds to me like good news, good news. You're ok and you're getting a new car. In my mind that's a win win.

Happy New Year Everybody!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
I'm glad your OK. Your comment on leasing does make me wonder too. What I mean is I would expect that your cars resale value to be less if it has been in an accident and repaired. With a lease, that is not a problem. An accident has economic damages that are not covered by insurance if you own. Can you go against the other driver's insurance for that difference? It could easily be $10,000... I had never looked at it like this.

With interest rates as low as they are, what is a good money factor rate? I have never considered leasing as an option but this makes me rethink that.
Easily 10K................ probably close to 20K.....if I owned it how would I get rid of it? There's no way. If you spend a lot of time in your car leasing makes the most sense at least to me.

I rent a nice car for 3 or 4 years and then a brand new one....I'm good with that!

Tom

Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by krysFly
it sounds to me like good news, good news. You're ok and you're getting a new car. In my mind that's a win win.

Happy New Year Everybody!
Now there's a positive thinker! Me too!

Tom

Old 12-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
tommy,

sorry to hear of this misfortune...glad your not hurt...get it fixed and enjoy. You have time to decide. 991, turbo, speedster, GTS...you will look in any of them and believe me you will remember what your name is and what your driving.
I agree and thanks Mike!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Yes it pains to be hit in a Porsche but one of the reasons you are okay is the fact that you were in one. Glad you are okay Tommy. I've always enjoyed beautiful shots of your car during the winter months with all the snow in the background.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Tom, Glad you walked out without a scratch. 64 is the new 44, specially when you are driving a porsche! Enjoy the car and plan and configure the right 991. Tell us your configuration!

Old 12-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Yes it pains to be hit in a Porsche but one of the reasons you are okay is the fact that you were in one. Glad you are okay Tommy. I've always enjoyed beautiful shots of your car during the winter months with all the snow in the background.
Thanks w00t........it's good to know that you're protected in this beautiful machine.....it's more than the looks!

Tom

Old 01-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by DS997c2s
Tom, Glad you walked out without a scratch. 64 is the new 44, specially when you are driving a porsche! Enjoy the car and plan and configure the right 991. Tell us your configuration!
DS........thanks and I'm counting on it! My wife just said this to me last week and it's how I feel (most days anyway }

I really can't wait to get started. I'm hoping to do the order this fall if the C4S cab is available in late 2012 or the spring of 2013. My lease runs out in May of 2013 so maybe great timing I hope!

Tom

Old 01-02-2012, 08:40 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
First - glad you are ok.

I am very curious as to who you are choosing as the repair facility to fix the car. Even though I live in Central NJ, I would use Martino Auto Concepts (MAC) in Glen Cove, LI. Highly respected for all very high end machines. Look them up. No affiliation but all I hear is great stuff.

http://www.martinoautoconcepts.com/

Mark

Last edited by mjsporsche; 01-03-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
First - glad you are ok.

I am very curious as to who you are chosing as the repair facility to fix the car. Even though I live in Central NJ, I would use Martino Auto Concepts (MAC) in Glen Cove, LI. Highly respected for all very high end machines. Look them up. No affiliation but all I hear is great stuff.

http://www.martinoautoconcepts.com/

Mark
Hi Mark,

I wish I would've heard from you sooner as I was in a real quandry about who to use.

The dealership recommended a Porsche certified Shop in Ramsey.....Exclusive.....and I decided to go with them based on that recommendation. Glen Cove is really out of the way but I would've at least spoken with them.

Thanks so much for the recommendation though Mark; it was generous of you to take the time to do that!

Tom

Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Tommy,

PM to you.

Mark

Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Mark....looks like they are the one! Thanks!!!!

Tom

Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 PM
dolce is on a distinguished road
Tommy,

Exclusive is down the block from me. I've used them several times to repair damages to my x-girlfriends car. They did nice work. They always have Porsche's and Audi's outside and know those cars very well.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by dolce
Tommy,

Exclusive is down the block from me. I've used them several times to repair damages to my x-girlfriends car. They did nice work. They always have Porsche's and Audi's outside and know those cars very well.
Thanks Dolce.......a lot to consider!

Best,

Tom

Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Ugghh, Bummer!

The bad news, you'll be out of the small 997 Turquoise Blue club.

The good news, you'll be the only member of the 991 Turquoise Blue club!!!

(Are you going to think about going w/ black wheels on the new ride?)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have some good news and some bad news................