997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I have some good news and some bad news................

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 05:47 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
I have some good news and some bad news................

First the good news............looks like I'll be ordering a new 997 C4S cab PTS Turquiose Blue this fall departing from my plan of keeping my current one till the end of time.

The bad news is why! My car was hit by a Chevy Tahoe while I was sitting at a stop sign a few days before Christmas and sustained a lot of damage and made me rethink buying it off lease. In fact it made me think that with these cars if you're out on the road a lot then owning them doesn't make a lot of sense at least for me.

I'm 64 now and I guess if everything remains the same I'll lease a few more before I get too old to remember my name.

I'm a little blue (no pun intended) about my car but unexpectedly excited about the new one the more I read about it....life goes on!

The other good news is that I wasn't hurt even a little bit. I took a hard shot and hardly felt anything in the driver's cabin....nothing! That I rteally appreciate.

All the Best for the Holidays!

Tom

Old 12-29-2011, 06:14 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
The main thing is you're okay.
Why get a new one? You don't trust the dealer to repair the car back to its glory?

Old 12-29-2011, 06:30 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Glad you are OK.

My first 997C2S was my long term car, nice wheels, drive it gently, babied it! Then as I was sitting at a traffic light just over a year after getting it, and I was rear ended by a garbage truck! $30,000 in damage, and I know that the car wouldn't be the same. I bought my second one and drove the crap out of it! Now that you know this car's days are numbered, drive it like you stole it!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ice350
Why get a new one? You don't trust the dealer to repair the car back to its glory?
A lot of damage....like Northvan says....I have a feeling it'll never be the same and I certainly know that the value won't be the same! I don't want to be stuck owning a car with limited options for the future.

Besides....the new one looks pretty cool too and even faster.

Tom

Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tommyv
First the good news............looks like I'll be ordering a new 997 C4S cab PTS Turquiose Blue this fall departing from my plan of keeping my current one till the end of time.

Tom
You can still order a 997? You said you were going to order it this fall. Since it is now winter, do you mean fall of 2012?????

Old 12-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Glad you are OK.

My first 997C2S was my long term car, nice wheels, drive it gently, babied it! Then as I was sitting at a traffic light just over a year after getting it, and I was rear ended by a garbage truck! $30,000 in damage, and I know that the car wouldn't be the same. I bought my second one and drove the crap out of it! Now that you know this car's days are numbered, drive it like you stole it!

I'm curious; was the car ever the same?

I have maybe half to 1/3 that damage and my lease goes on for another 16 months and hopefully the C4S Cab will be orderable in the fall and deliverable in the spring of 2013 or I might have to keep the current one a little longer.

Thanks.

Tom

Old 12-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by GS997S
You can still order a 997? You said you were going to order it this fall. Since it is now winter, do you mean fall of 2012?????
Sorry I meant 991!

Tom

Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I'm curious; was the car ever the same?

I have maybe half to 1/3 that damage and my lease goes on for another 16 months and hopefully the C4S Cab will be orderable in the fall and deliverable in the spring of 2013 or I might have to keep the current one a little longer.

Thanks.

Tom
I didn't drive it, had the second one 4 months before the body shop finished with it. The main frame rail on the passenger side was shortened by 1/2". I am sure it had it's problems.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:56 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear about your car but glad that you are OK. That is the most important thing.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
A lot of damage....like Northvan says....I have a feeling it'll never be the same and I certainly know that the value won't be the same! I don't want to be stuck owning a car with limited options for the future.

Besides....the new one looks pretty cool too and even faster.

Tom
Congrats on the 991. I thought you didn't like it tho?

Old 12-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Rodsky
Congrats on the 991. I thought you didn't like it tho?
It's starting to grow on me........certain views......if I could order another 997 I might prefer that but I can't so i'm stuck (if you can be stuck ordering any new 911). I'm a new car guy and like to build the car I like, especially the color.

Just trying to look at the glass as half full....I'm excited to see it in the flesh though.

Tom

Old 12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ice350
If you do get tempted to repair the car, a little advice...get it repaired by a dealer NOT in OKC.

Good luck. When will the 991 C4S be available?

Old 12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Domer911
If you do get tempted to repair the car, a little advice...get it repaired by a dealer NOT in OKC.

Good luck. When will the 991 C4S be available?
I hear in late 2012 or early 2013.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:01 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad your OK. Your comment on leasing does make me wonder too. What I mean is I would expect that your cars resale value to be less if it has been in an accident and repaired. With a lease, that is not a problem. An accident has economic damages that are not covered by insurance if you own. Can you go against the other driver's insurance for that difference? It could easily be $10,000... I had never looked at it like this.

With interest rates as low as they are, what is a good money factor rate? I have never considered leasing as an option but this makes me rethink that.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:13 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
tommy,

sorry to hear of this misfortune...glad your not hurt...get it fixed and enjoy. You have time to decide. 991, turbo, speedster, GTS...you will look in any of them and believe me you will remember what your name is and what your driving.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have some good news and some bad news................