997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

A journey of small mods....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 03:16 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
maybe 1" then... can I do that with HR springs?
I think that it is about 1-1 1/4 depending on what springs (H&R or Eibach, all others are private label versions made by them)

Old 02-07-2012, 03:28 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Joel,

Is the 2012 steering wheel a direct swap (997.2 to 997.1)? Can you reuse your airbag?
yes, and no... you need to get your choice of steering wheel from a 2009+ a round upgraded airbag ($850) and a steering column control module to make your horn work again... but since I have the hideous triangular steering wheel, I'm more than willing to jump into this.

In regards of the drop, 1" will make me happy.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Nice looking mods; keep us informed of your progress. What was the time frame of what you have done so far with your 997?

Old 02-07-2012, 10:50 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
drooling on the 2012 all black SW! Where to purchase it??

Old 02-08-2012, 03:18 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Steering wheel available at Suncoast Porsche... ask for Ryan.
The timeframe for all the mods.... I started on November 15th 2011 until today...

Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely gorgeous! If Darth Vadar had a P-car this would be it. Is the carbon fiber trim true carbon fiber? Where do you get the aluminum mats and do they wear out the carpet?

Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Abdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the rough
Joel, H&R springs is the way to go. 1 inch drop, smooth ride, BIG difference in the look. If you keep the lobster wheels I would recommend spacers to bring the wheels out flush or near-flush with the fenders.
Your car looks FANTASTIC man! I am planning some more mods as well. Gonna finish all exterior mods first, then tackle the interior.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the kind words!

The aluminum mats are from Rennline.com. They don't wear the carpet out since they don't move. One tip I learned after having these for 4 years on my 996... if you wear dress shoes, they will scratch. I had mine 3M clear bra 'ed and they look like new. All carbon fiber is either OEM or DB carbon. They are true carbon parts that you need to replace, not the cheap overlay attached via double sided tape!

Yes, Abdon, H&R is the answer. I'm planing switching wheel and I will probably get the Ruger Mesh wich already have aggressive offsets. that will finish the look. Let me know if you need help with any of your upgrades... Thanks again!

joel

Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 AM
1BoostP is on a distinguished road
Joel, did I read correct, Dectane LED's on the front as well ? I thought Dectane DRL's weren't available at this point for front 997 ? As well, I love what you did with the wheels, I want to do the same. I have the same rims. Anything I should look for to ensure a high quality lasting finish ? I haven't worked with anyone to paint rims before

Last edited by 1BoostP; 04-01-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:36 PM
yes, the fronts are dectanes LED's... they are pretty sweet. the wheels are painted satin finish black and any shop that knows what is doing, could do a grat job...

thanks for the kind words!

Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Where did you get the belts and how much if you don't mind me asking? Tx.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 PM
got the belts at suncoast porsche. the cost was around 499... I installed them myself. pretty nice touch!

Old 04-01-2012, 05:47 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
How diff of an install was it? Got instructions? Tx

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
got the belts at suncoast porsche. the cost was around 499... I installed them myself. pretty nice touch!

Old 04-01-2012, 06:33 PM
not difficult at all if you are familiar with removing interior panels... you will need those plastic removing tools that sells for $11... they are like little crowbars made of hard plastic...

Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
What can you tell me about the GT3 smile, part, process, install, etc? Looks sweet. Have a white C2S and think it might look great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A journey of small mods....