997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

A journey of small mods....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
The part is actually cheap... installation takes to cut your bumper... pretty easy since the bumper is soft!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM
rag1998 is on a distinguished road
Sharp looking!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
The part is actually cheap... installation takes to cut your bumper... pretty easy since the bumper is soft!
Any comments about it not fitting flush and having to either mod or use filler/sealant to adapt?

Thanks!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:29 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
It actually fits pretty flush, if you buy the mounting kit from Rennline, you secure it from behind with screws...

Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
I love the painted door handle backing. Just looks awesome in black.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Katera
I love the painted door handle backing. Just looks awesome in black.
yes, is a nice touch and it replaces the delicate "soft touch" finish that comes from the factory... but it takes "*****" to install it. you need to disassemble the door panel, grind off the mounting points of the old piece and melting the new posts into place.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
yes, is a nice touch and it replaces the delicate "soft touch" finish that comes from the factory... but it takes "*****" to install it. you need to disassemble the door panel, grind off the mounting points of the old piece and melting the new posts into place.

Holy crap i just figured they "popped" in and out, LOL

Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes, I ordered the new pieces, have them painted and then started reading about installation. The guys at the body shop respect me now. LOL!

Old 04-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
Joel, the car looks very eye-catching. The members over at Rennlist would call you a poseur for painting your non-PCCB calipers yellow but I think the contrast looks good. You have almost all of the currently popular mods, except for the black stoneguards. .

I know you did a thread on the Safecraft fire extinguisher but I don't see that particular model with the Porsche lettering on their website.

Jeff

Old 04-22-2012, 08:27 AM
the caliper was painted yellow because.... I like it and it's my car! lol! also, you can buy brembo brakes in silver, black, red and yellow... so the PCCB exclusive yellow is a fantasy...

also, I already have th backs tone guards!

the safecraft logo was removed an replaced with a porsche logo.... thanks for the kind words!

Joel

Old 04-22-2012, 10:11 AM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Love it all. I agree with he comments on yellow caplipers tho. Was at a Pcar meet up yesterday. Can't imagine telling the guys with the real PCCBs that I just randomly happened to like the same yellow and wasn't trying to pose. That said, the rest of your car is so dam sweet, who cares?!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 AM
I have been on several PCA meetings and the response have been overwhelming. A GT3 RS owner with "real PCCB" (LOL) asked me what paint I was using since he needed to touch up his and the color match was perfect. Since february, I've helped 3 PCA members (and now friends!) paint their calipers speed yellow. The are one 996 C4S, 997 Turbo with 6 piston's reds and one 997 C2S... So, it's spreading... Funny fact: all those cars that I have done, have been black with yellow seat belt. The 997 TT had yellow gauges... really nice touch!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
neotorque will become famous soon enoughneotorque will become famous soon enough
Joel, the car looks amazing!

I will give those satin black wheels a great new home (arriving today!)

Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM
yes, the wheels are scheduled to arrive today at your dealership! Thanks again!

btw, that GT3 front bumper looks hot!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Nice mods, love all the small details...
one thing I want is yellow gauges but afraid of all that goes into changing them out..it's PITA i've heard..