Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Au Revoir Bentley - For now

Old 09-13-2015, 06:53 AM
BMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud of
Au Revoir Bentley - For now

Au Revoir,

Jumping over from the Bentley forum after a very fulfilling relationship with a Continental GT.

Been looking and testing many things as new daily drivers or a garage add, newer Continental, 2016 F-Type R, 2016 F-Type S MT, 1963 E Type, 1959 MGA Coupe, 2009 AM Vantage V8, 2016 AM Vantage GT which has been a worthwhile journey.

All that careful research and analysis and then the last car I jumped in just lit me up, and that was that. 2011 AM Vantage V12 Carbon Black.

I feel certain it will be au revoir and not goodbye because Bentley, well, there is nothing quite like it. Thank you to this forum for the help you have given during my GT ownership, whether you knew it or not. Happy motoring.

Bully has new home.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:15 AM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
enjoy your new ride. i hope it is as reliable as your old one

Old 09-13-2015, 03:30 PM
BMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by larryr
enjoy your new ride. i hope it is as reliable as your old one
Absolutely! I got real lucky on the GT. Solid as.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:32 PM
First drive of the new day I headed over to Driversource who were hosting the Ferrari owners club in their Vault (premium car storage).

They have looked after my car, and will this next one, as well as trading in classics, and storage. Ive had quite the automotive weekend.

Lotus

Muscle

Track car?

F

Whole lot of lovely

2013 Indy 500 winner.

Michael Schumachers F1 car, signed. Bought at auction $2.5mm. Now valued at $4-5mm.

Sneaked in

The Vault and FOC members

Porsche water bottle.

Trying the MGA Coupe

A barn find! Took out the newspapers out, dusted and brought out.

Fitted a tow bar (see below), and used it to move house. Stuck it in a barn.

Apparently the owner was stationed in Germany and a Bond fan.

Been in a barn since 1981

Old 09-13-2015, 10:48 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
good luck with your new car and thank you for the amazing pics!

Old 09-14-2015, 03:36 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
My ex got an Aston Martin and loves it. Think one day i'll dump the Bentley for a Jaguar as Bentley is just too much trouble and costly for simple things.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
I could wet my pants looking round that storage
Nice Aston, but not as nice as your old B car.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
My ex got an Aston Martin and loves it. Think one day i'll dump the Bentley for a Jaguar as Bentley is just too much trouble and costly for simple things.
That's a strange thing to say Steven ? What sort of troubles have you had with the B.
I'm not sure Jags will be any better tbh, they look good but I'm not too sure about long term reliability.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Gil Thomas is on a distinguished road
From Bentley to a Jag?

How about both. I have owned many of cars. And a Jag XK happens to be one that I still own. If is a great addition to my Saloon. There is nothing that I have driven and owned, even the 7 series Bimmer, can compare to the overall drive of my Saloon. At first I was skeptical and only drove her once or twice yearly, then my awesome mechanic at Abacus Racing Virginia Beach recommended I drive it more. This summer I drove her about 2k miles and what an experience. I have also researched and find out how to do most minor maintenance myself. Thanks to this forum, I was able to replace my front left upper balljoint myself. Dealer wanted to replace the whole control arm. Saved of a thousand.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:59 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
AWESOME PICS BMT216A!!!

Originally Posted by Sunnyside
That's a strange thing to say Steven ? What sort of troubles have you had with the B.
LOL! You're funny

The troubles are only partially documented here. Good thing my local guy has been helping too.

I'm not sure Jags will be any better tbh, they look good but I'm not too sure about long term reliability.
You're still being funny. Modern Jags are incredibly impressive. So is the new Cadillac frankly, yet you guys might not have read up on them and their development. Seriously, read up about the new Cadillac. Of course then there's the Rollers and the upcoming drop-top looks to be mighty impressive. Lets hope the upcoming Bentley ?6 cyl? car brings something worthwhile to the table.

Ok, i'll not add Tesla to this in detail, yet DAMN what an amazing car (yet limited in battery life until they get their battery swap stations going). Am curious who here has driven one. A neighbor here has one and loves it.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-14-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:32 PM
cutty71 is on a distinguished road
WOW!!! Well done!!!