997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 911 - The Hunt!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:07 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
yes, there is stuff that you can compromise knowing it's an easy solution but you need to draw the line somewhere...

joel

Old 02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
Honestly, the PPI is sort of worthless as well if you are local and go through the car and test drive it. I dont care how much brake pad is left or if the coolent is at the min line... or how many mm are on the tires. These things are easily replaceable. The PPI didnt cover paint metering the car, I had to ask for it and they did it gratis as a favor. That car went from 100% perfect to oops... perfect mechanically only.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
good story...nice ride...all the best...enjoy

Old 02-08-2012, 07:59 PM
zer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the rough
Nice - love the color, the side-skirts & the spoiler.. Like you, I had been looking my whole life, searching trader.ca for the last 2-3 years, and actually just looked seriously in January when I took my first test drive in a Porsche! Man that was a mistake I was on the fence between 996/997 but after the test drive and some research, I found the 997 that I had tested was actually a great value since it was loaded and priced the same as a base 997, and nearly brand new @ only 20k miles! Enjoy the car!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zer0-60
Nice - love the color, the side-skirts & the spoiler.. Like you, I had been looking my whole life, searching trader.ca for the last 2-3 years, and actually just looked seriously in January when I took my first test drive in a Porsche! Man that was a mistake I was on the fence between 996/997 but after the test drive and some research, I found the 997 that I had tested was actually a great value since it was loaded and priced the same as a base 997, and nearly brand new @ only 20k miles! Enjoy the car!
Thanks zer0, Looks like you got a nice car yourself.

I've found the forum extremely helpful, I've come from a few BMW forums, bimmerforums, find that 6speed is simply a different caliber of member. Heck, I found the guy that was trying to buy my car from under me!

My brother lives in Toronto, he runs Bimmerfest, he has mentioned 6speed meets, I don't mind making the trip, hopefully see a few 6speed 997 brotherin.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 AM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
My search took a year. Long story short... I had to decide on 2 cars one was an 09 White Turbo PCCB & loaded I was chasing for 6 months and the '10 Black Carrera S, X51, PCCB that I had just found.
I left a deposit on the Carrera S and the Turbo guy calls and says car is for sale.
I got the C2s and am very happy with it.
It's funny how these tings just work out.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 AM
captj3 is on a distinguished road
I have some questions. First what does DME stand for as I am looking for my first porsche? Who is the dealer in Tampa? Would any of you have a PPI and DME done if the car was CPO? I am trying to educate myself as much as possible before purchasing.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by captj3
I have some questions. First what does DME stand for as I am looking for my first porsche? Who is the dealer in Tampa? Would any of you have a PPI and DME done if the car was CPO? I am trying to educate myself as much as possible before purchasing.
He's a small independent dealer that basically surfs auto auctions all day scouting Porsche's. His name is Robert, Class act all the way. This was my first P-Car purchase, next one will be from him as well, unless I purchase new. I'm sure Joel can agree that the experience was enjoyable. I doubt you'd stay in business ripping off Porsche owners.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealer/inf...tor_Sports.jsp

I had a PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) & DME done, which after driving the car from 9am-4pm, was a complete waste of money. Porsche said that in order to CPO they'd have to replace the battery recharge cable, not interested. Mine isn't a Certified Pre-Own, If you need that to feel comfortable that's your choice.

DME is a readout from the computer that shows how many times the engine has been revved over a certain point. I've attached a DME Report from Porsche, this will explain in full. There is quite a bit of debate on this subject within the Forum itself as most buyers, besides Forum enthusiasts, have never heard of this report and dealerships don't include this in their standard pack.

Here's a thread about the DME
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...wned-cars.html

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Over Rev Info.doc (23.0 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by MBENZF1; 02-13-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
yes, Robert is a small, specialized Porsche dealer that deal with customers one at a time. He will pick you up from the airport and drive you to the lot. from there he will let you drive the car for as long as you want with no pressure or BS... when you need a car, just email him what you want, how much you want to pay and he will find it.