997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Upgraded my steering wheel...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
yes, the wheels are the same size but the flat bottom and the thicker padding makes it look not only smaller, but more proportional to the st of the wheel, not to mention, the smaller size of the airbag... it literally feels like a new car... (no pun intended!)

Old 02-19-2012, 12:43 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Looks great - do you have the part numbers?

Old 02-19-2012, 01:25 PM
jpohl402 will become famous soon enoughjpohl402 will become famous soon enough
huge improvement.
one of the best mods since you see and feel it every day

Old 02-19-2012, 03:09 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I don't remember the steering wheel part number but the airbag part number is 997 803 089 11A03

Old 02-19-2012, 04:49 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
very nice mate!

i have the same big steering wheel and i want to change it too at some point. i might do alcantara... I used to have a Nardi racing steering wheel on my EVO and i love the feel...

Old 02-19-2012, 05:26 PM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
i like the black wheel instead of the dark grey. Looks better with the black on black theme.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by richard181
i like the black wheel instead of the dark grey. Looks better with the black on black theme.
The wheel is black, it may look like that on the picture because is new, compared to the 7 year old triangular one!

jp

Old 02-19-2012, 05:58 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
I don't remember the steering wheel part number but the airbag part number is 997 803 089 11A03
The guys at Suncoast should know if I show them your pics, correct?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM
yes, If you really like my exact set up, call Ryan at Suncoast and ask him to get you the set up for Joel Pirela. He worked out a quote for me and saved on the system:

Price for the wheel is 519.41.
There is a steering column switch to make the horn work 232.82
Airbag 835.10.

Shipping will run around 45.36

saved parts quote PQ7369.

That will help you...

Joel

Old 02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
yes, If you really like my exact set up, call Ryan at Suncoast and ask him to get you the set up for Joel Pirela. He worked out a quote for me and saved on the system:

Price for the wheel is 519.41.
There is a steering column switch to make the horn work 232.82
Airbag 835.10.

Shipping will run around 45.36

saved parts quote PQ7369.

That will help you...

Joel
Thanks!!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 AM
PorscheJoe will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

That's definitely a big improvement. I just got my 2009 997.2 C2S PDK & I really want to upgrade my steering wheel to the new paddle shifter option. Great job!

Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
jwully is on a distinguished road
Looks great

I made the same switch a few months back. Although for the horn to work the new control modual needs to be programed by the dealer. Ryan at Suncoast is awsome to work with. IMO it was well worth it.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 AM
tyroone is on a distinguished road
very nice upgrade. i was thinking of doing this but in a different way. actually, i wanted to see your thoughts and ideas. i am not trying to steal the thread or anything but just wanted to see if it is possible.
i have a 996tt 2002 with tiptronic on the steering wheel which is really not a very handy way of doing it and i just don't know why both sides have the same shifting technique. i drove a carreraS 2011 and it had the shifting pedals same as the ones you see on m5 e60s. which is formula type and i loved it. now, can i do such thing. changing the steering wheel to a 997 with pedals on the back of the steering???

Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 AM
The steering rack on the 997 is different than on the 996, so there's no way you can use a 997 steering wheel on your 996TT, what you can do, is try to get paddle shifters on a 996 tiptronic steering wheel. I think I've seen that done in the past...

Old 02-22-2012, 09:11 AM
tyroone is on a distinguished road
The steering rack on the 997 is different than on the 996, so there's no way you can use a 997 steering wheel on your 996TT, what you can do, is try to get paddle shifters on a 996 tiptronic steering wheel. I think I've seen that done in the past...

thanks joel,

even better..... i really don't want to change the steering but i want that paddle badly. where should i look or search?
thanks in advance bro.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgraded my steering wheel...