997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pedal Set? - Rennline vs. Suncoast vs. Other

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:04 PM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
Here is a shot of the Suncoast pedals installed, nice pedals, great price.

Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Are these the only two choices (Rennline or Suncoast)?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Yea can we get a few more pictures of your guys pedals?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
i got the rennline.. love it !

but if i had to do it again, i would not put the upper pedal extension. If u r not careful, u can push the accelerator when u brake hard and fast.

BTW i also got it without the rubber inserts since i don't like having to plug them back in. Plus i feel they are more slippery when wet (IMHO)
Originally Posted by Katera
Yea can we get a few more pictures of your guys pedals?
Definitely have to agree with Carlitos on this. Have to be purposeful with that right foot when coming to a stop. A bit embarrassing to abruptly clutch in, brake, and have the revs jump

Mine
Name:  DSC03174.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  DSC03175.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  46.7 KB

Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I had some aftermarket pedals on my old C4S and they weren't any better than the oem. Bought some Rennline for the turbo with all the extensions, lifters, etc. and found the design was such that I didn't need any of that. It's a ***** to be braking hard and finding that the car ain't slowing down! Almost t-boned a guy on the track the first day when he went wide and I didn't slow as planned........not good. The setup is great for me just with the Rennline pedals. The design is significantly different than oem and many aftermarket pedals. Morale of the story; don't go overboard until you know you need it......best

Old 03-31-2012, 12:43 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
After literally pulling up the pictures of both pedal sets for a week, I'm going with Rennline. I think the color of the metal is less shiny and less busy in terms of the number of black dots. I'm leaving the red extenders off for sure though. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:11 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steamboat
^^ I had some aftermarket pedals on my old C4S and they weren't any better than the oem. Bought some Rennline for the turbo with all the extensions, lifters, etc. and found the design was such that I didn't need any of that. It's a ***** to be braking hard and finding that the car ain't slowing down! Almost t-boned a guy on the track the first day when he went wide and I didn't slow as planned........not good. The setup is great for me just with the Rennline pedals. The design is significantly different than oem and many aftermarket pedals. Morale of the story; don't go overboard until you know you need it......best
I think you are saying that under braking you also hit the gas pedal at the same time. Cut off the lower extension and use the top one only...makes rev matching an ease.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:11 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
Based on a lot of reading on the forums and some of your input in this thread, I finally ordered a Rennline pedal set with the red extensions and no rubber nubs. Also based on advice offered on the forums ordered the throttle lifter plate to help alleviate the issue with hitting the throttle upon heavy braking. I am new to autocross and I cannot wait to install the pedals and see how they perform vs. oem.
Thanks for all your input...will keep ya'll posted.
good choice...the lifter plate has made a hugh difference to me in being able to heel-toe properly and quickly.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I think you are saying that under braking you also hit the gas pedal at the same time. Cut off the lower extension and use the top one only...makes rev matching an ease.
Yes, that's what I was trying to say..... After the first day at the track I ditched both the extensions and lifter plate. The brake pedal from Rennline is larger than the oem one and with size 12 feet I have no trouble bridging the gap between throttle and brake to effectively H&T. For those just installing pedals for the first time, it's worth remembering that you generally brake much harder on the track than on the street so while it may seem like you have the setup dialed in when tooling around town, you may find that you inadvertently depress the throttle when braking hard while at the track. Not a big deal if you're ready for it and easy to adjust out. Just don't let it surprise you. Best,

Old 03-31-2012, 04:08 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steamboat
Yes, that's what I was trying to say..... After the first day at the track I ditched both the extensions and lifter plate. The brake pedal from Rennline is larger than the oem one and with size 12 feet I have no trouble bridging the gap between throttle and brake to effectively H&T. For those just installing pedals for the first time, it's worth remembering that you generally brake much harder on the track than on the street so while it may seem like you have the setup dialed in when tooling around town, you may find that you inadvertently depress the throttle when braking hard while at the track. Not a big deal if you're ready for it and easy to adjust out. Just don't let it surprise you. Best,
The extensions are designed to be both or one (either). I used both for one day then, cut the bottom part of the holder off and only use the bottom. Took them off when I traded the C2S in, and added them to my GT3. For my size 10.5, they are perfect.